We are Gelber Group — Passion for Trading. Powered by Technology.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices across the United States and Europe, for more than 35 years we have set the bar as one of the industry’s most innovative and enduring proprietary trading firms. Our success derives from a relentless pursuit of new trading ideas and careful attention to technology. We believe in a culture of entrepreneurship, innovation, and collaboration and we empower each member of our team to have a meaningful impact from the very start of their career with Gelber. We invest in our future through our technology and talented staff, strategically committing resources to move our firm forward and help our people succeed. We trade a little bit of everything here and are always looking to expand into new opportunities. Our flat organizational structure and focus on a true meritocracy, attracts individuals with an edge which contributes to our consistent success.
As a Junior Trader at Gelber Group, you will begin your career with a six to nine-month education program designed to prepare you for the rest of your career. The program will involve experienced members of Gelber leadership including Brian Gelber, CEO, who will be advising, teaching, and motivating you to seize opportunities, take informed risks, and execute the kind of trading decisions that distinguish Gelber in the industry. Ending the program with existing trading desk rotations, successful candidates will be placed across both algorithmic and discretionary groups.
This program will begin August 2022 and we will only consider candidates that are available to start in August 2022.
What you’ll do:
- Experience hands-on learning and have immediate exposure to senior leaders within the trading industry
- Gain a thorough understanding of the financial markets through a robust program that will be intensive, challenging, and fun!
- Develop an understanding of the various trading strategies we trade within Gelber to facilitate your career advancement
- Be given rotational exposure to both algorithmic and discretionary desks to find the best path to your success in consideration of your skill set and interests
Gelber Group trades across many different financial instruments and through a variety of strategies. The Junior Trader program allows for exposure to the full array of our business and placement opportunities across both algorithmic and discretionary desks. We look for candidates that have both a technical and quantitative background, but also those that are more operationally focused. Based on your strengths and interests that are developed further during our program, you are allocated to a trading desk where we believe you will be successful.
What you’ll need:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field
- Programming experience with C#, Java, Python, and C++ is great, but not required
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to learn, understand, and apply new concepts quickly
- Interest in financial markets is a must, but prior experience or knowledge is not required
- Superior analytical skills with a proven strong mathematical aptitude
- Self-motivation, excellent communication, and ability to work with others in a competitive environment
Gelber offers a wide range of benefits to full-time employees in order to meet you and your covered dependents needs. Our comprehensive benefits offering includes:
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) retirement savings program
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical coverage provided by Blue Cross and Blue Shield (PPO and HDHP/HSA) and dental coverage
- Tuition reimbursement for Graduate courses (courses approved after employment begins)
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care; pre-tax commuter benefits for parking and transit expenses
- Life insurance and long-term disability coverage
- Health club membership with on-site facilities (and reciprocal memberships)
- Generous vacation time, paid holidays, and paid maternity/paternity leave
- Weekly catered lunches and monthly continental breakfasts
- Social events including sponsored 5k races and annual holiday party
- Enjoyable work environment including a game room (foosball, ping pong, Golden Tee)
- Employee referral bonus program
- Charitable giving and company matching opportunities
- Casual, relaxed dress code