Job Title: Software Engineer
Who we are:
GeistM is a full-funnel performance marketing company transforming how brands acquire customers at scale. Reaching 94% of the wired population across the globe, GeistM puts the right content in front of the most profitable potential customers. Our proprietary technology, Blackfire, and diverse publisher network is built to develop, launch, and scale content-based marketing campaigns across more than a dozen integrated third-party networks, including Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Snapchat, Pinterest, and Outbrain resulting in profitable customer acquisition at scale. GeistM has been named to Crain’s New York Fast 50 and to Inc’s 5000 List for the past three consecutive years.
Location: New York, New York
The role is based in midtown Manhattan, but due to COVID-19, all GeistM employees are working remotely and will be through the foreseeable future.
About the position:
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Engineering Team.. As a key member of our Engineering Team, you’ll be part of a relatively small, close-knit, and cross-functional team that is responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
To be successful in this role, you should be a collaborative team player with a knack for visual design and utility, and comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries.
What you’ll do:
- Build, test, and deploy the frontend and backend of our companies’ web applications (both internal and public/client-facing);
- Help maintain and grow our company websites and properties;
- While our primary engineering focus is on our proprietary martech platform, Blackfire, you’ll also have an opportunity to work on a diverse set of other internal projects and technologies.
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar field;
- 3 – 5 years relevant professional experience as a Software Developer;
- If your experience is more on the frontend side, we also expect you to have experience with leading state management technologies like Redux, Redux Saga & Toolkit, MobX, Apollo, etc;
- If you’re more into backend tech, we’d expect you to have some experience or familiarity with MongoDB and AWS: S3, Lambda, Load Balancing, etc;
- Strong track record of building, deploying and maintaining full-stack applications, from JS to DB;
- Model of software engineering best practices, including agile development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, debugging, and troubleshooting;
- Experience/familiarity with CLI & build tools – NPM/Yarn, Babel, Webpack, Grunt, Gulp, etc – and with version control systems (we use Git).
Why you should come work with us:
- Great coworkers and a fun collaborative environment;
- Funded by top-tier venture firms;
- Career growth opportunities;
- Many technical and business challenges to solve.