Finance Development Program Intern Summer 2022
Come spend the Summer in the hometown of Muhammad Ali, the Kentucky Derby and the fastest growing appliance company in the United States!
GE Appliances is looking for high-potential students in their Junior year to join our Summer Finance Development Program Internship in 2022. A 10 to 12-week, project-oriented work assignment, the Finance Development Program Internship offers hands-on finance experience, exposure to strategic initiatives and lessons in the role finance plays in achieving business objectives. Interns will develop project management, business acumen, and communication skills over the course of the summer. The internship could lead to placement in the GE Appliances Financial Development Program (FDP) upon graduation.
Real Project. Real Connections. Real Impact.
- Make a lasting impact on the business through your Summer project, which solves an existing problem within our organization
- Network with key Finance leaders and members of our Finance Development Program
- Interview for placement in the 2023 class of the GE Appliances Finance Development Program, a 3 year rotational program for college graduates in which they gain exposure to different areas of the business, obtain an MBA and accelerate their careers
- Work within an operational finance team to provide information and analysis to support to business partners
- Participate in monthly and quarterly Close activities
- Create process documentation where applicable
- Perform General ledger research and variance analysis
- Positions located in Louisville, Kentucky – a great place to live, work and play; Housing and relocation assistance available
- The desire is for this internship to be conducted in-person. Should factors in the external environment prevent an in-person internship, the position would be shifted to a virtual format.
- Must be full-time student currently enrolled in 4 year-college or university program pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, economics or related field
- Must hold and maintain a minimum cumulative 3.0 out of 4.0 overall grade point average
- Experience using Microsoft O365 including Excel and PowerPoint
- Legal authorization to work in the country/region where the business is hiring is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now nor in the future, for this job.
- Students in Junior year (May 2023 graduation date)
- 1-2 semesters of accounting and/or finance coursework completed
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Leadership abilities
- Detail-oriented and ability to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, responsible and disciplined