Born out of Harvard’s Innovation Lab, and backed by General Catalyst and Unusual Ventures, Gain Life is comprised of behavioral scientists and technologists that build software to help injured employees return to work. Learn more at gainlife.com.
We’re looking to hire a Product Design Intern to join the Gain Life Product Design team. You’ll be supporting product design projects for our insurance claims software. You’ll report to the Product Design Lead and collaborate on end-to-end projects with product management, engineering, and business teammates.
This is a paid, fully-remote, internship. We request a degree of overlap with EST hours for specific team meetings. Your start date can be flexible based on academic and/or personal availability. Salary will reflect experience.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a link to your portfolio; no submissions made directly through AngelList will be reviewed. A portfolio of relevant design work is required to illustrate your experience solving Product/UX design problems.
### You’ll get to:
* Design and iterate on high-impact product design projects from start to finish
* Create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs
* Form actionable insights by planning, participating, and/or leading research sessions
* Learn and practice how data and metrics can influence design decisions
* Present your ideas and work to cross-functional stakeholders
* Participate in the agile process
• Collaborate across the company to identify user and business needs
• Learn to balance constraints when proposing design solutions
• Be a key player in our small but mighty product team
• Have one-to-one mentorship with the senior product designer
### We’re looking for someone who has:
* UI skillset: low-high fidelity mockups, interactive prototyping, experience using or contributing to pattern libraries
• UX skillset: setting project goals, research and/or discovery, responsive wireframing,
• Communication: Ability to explain your design decisions and how they solve user problems. Comfortable with asking questions.
• Collaborative: Ability to drive projects both independently and under direction
• Iterative mindset: comfortable with rounds of ideation and refinement
• Proficient in modern design tools (Figma, Miro, or similar)
• Ambitious to learn and contribute to a meaningful product
We’re experiencing an exciting period of growth, and are looking for candidates with a track record of success — be it academically or professionally — who are motivated to solve complex, but meaningful, problems with us. Even if you don’t meet all the qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
Once again, to apply please email email@example.com with your resume and a link to your portfolio. *No submissions made directly through AngelList will be reviewed.*