The Functional Food Center (FFC) is seeking interns who can participate in various stages of marketing for FFC products and conferences. Interns should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of marketing. The internship requires 200 hours total, with 15-20 hours per week.
Our marketing is targeted primarily towards scientists, food industry professionals, healthcare professionals, and researchers.
In the past, projects have included tasks related to promoting our Functional Food Science textbook series, our international conferences, our Certified Functional Food Scientist/Professional programs, and promoting our scientific journals and articles via newsletters and to our 30,000 Linkedin contacts and groups.
Some experience you may get during your internship include:
- Creating awareness of our journal and society through social media via LinkedIn, Facebook, and other social media platforms
- Publishing and posting bi-weekly FFC newsletters to designated LinkedIn groups and individuals on LinkedIn
- Working on sponsorship partners for FFC international conferences and academic journals
- Utilizing various marketing tools for the advertising of conferences and textbooks, including Amazon and Kindle
- Communicating with scientists and health professionals from all over the world
- Presenting and/or participating in our weekly seminars about our products and programs.
- Collaborating with other FFC interns
Benefits of Completing an FFC Internship
Upon successfully completing the internship, you will be entitled to the following benefits
- Certificate of successful internship
- Support for Recommendation Letter, if needed.
- Possible academic credit*