For the Product Development team within Early Life Nutrition we are looking for a Product Developer working with Hydrolysates.
In this position you will be responsible to initiate, develop, test, monitor, refine and implement new or improved products/processes/packages and prepare these developments for hand-over to an operational environment, in line with R&D and business strategy with the outcome of adding value for our customers.
In this position your tasks and responsibilities amongst others will be:
Development experiments: Set up, plan, execute and analyze experiments. Report the results with academic style, taking into account possible risks, both at laboratory scale and pilot scale. Support to keep the pilot plant and laboratory in good conditions.
Up-scaling/factory trials: Upscale and implement new or changed products / processes / applications in the factory environment, according to all guidelines.
Value engineering: Assess, improve and refine existing products / processes / packages / applications and by doing so add value for our customers.
Project management: Set-up, plan and execute projects in own area, within the project management guidelines and the corporate strategy.
Innovation: Identify new commercial and technological developments inside and outside own organization, generate new opportunities, based on insights and creativity, share these with other professionals and create new technological innovations, in cooperation with others and in line with business requirements.
Guidance: Work under some guidance and general instructions in accordance with work agreements and procedures and supported by colleagues/management.
Relationship management: Develops and maintains a network of relevant internal stakeholders (R&D, marketing, sales, Operations, QA).
To be a successful in this position, you are/have:
- Bachelor or Master (preferred) degree in Food Technology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or similar science.
- Work experience in the hydrolysate or early life nutrition segment is considered a plus.
- Understanding about recipe design and knowledge of product-process interactions is desired.
- Structured, well organized and good analytical skills with eye for detail and quality.
- Strong communication skills while working well both independently and within a team.
- Be comfortable operating in a team-based setting where some members are separated geographically, balancing multiple priorities.
- Able to cooperate and actively seek connection with colleagues on longer distance.
- Able to travel outside of the US when needed.