**To be considered for this position, you must apply at www.freedom424.org/intern. Applications through Handshake will not be considered.
To serve as the Podcasting Intern with the aim of supporting the Freedom 4/24 staff in advertising the cause and sharing stories of human trafficked victims and survivors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Management and upkeep of the Compelled: Fighting the Injustice of Human Trafficking Podcast.
- Assist in brainstorming for season themes, episodes, etc.
- Create episode outlines and content.
- Schedule interviews with staff, partners, constituents, and subject matter experts.
- Knowledge of Anchor, Adobe Audition, or similar podcasting software and websites.
- Upload Podcast to hosting site for distribution.
- Collaborate with the Communications Department to create streamlined content on all platforms.
- Other duties as assigned by the Freedom 4/24 staff.
This internship does not require any supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual must be self motivated and have the ability to problem solve and to seek out creative solutions independently but also understand that program development requires community effort.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Completed at least two years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution toward the completion of a degree in communications or similar areas of study. Sample audio or video recording is required with application.
Experience in nonprofit work is desired but not required; however, it is essential to have the understanding that working in the nonprofit world means being flexible and willing to serve in varying capacities.