Forward is on a bold mission to make high quality healthcare available to a billion people across the globe. We’re building the world’s most advanced healthcare platform from the ground up, combining hardware, software and doctors under one roof.
Forward was founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world’s best investors and entrepreneurs including Founder’s Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), Joe Lonsdale (Palantir Founder), Joshua Kushner (Oscar co-Founder) and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
Why Join Forward?
We don’t want to just move dollars around the healthcare industry – we want to rebuild it and fix it. All of it.
You will be on the clinical frontlines supporting our members, and you’ll work alongside highly acclaimed, board certified physicians. This is an ideal opportunity for those that are just beginning their RN career and seeking hands-on clinical experience in an outpatient clinic setting.
- Work alongside physicians to provide personalized primary care.
- Use clinical skills for lab collection, testing, medical procedures.
- Assist in care coordination of the patient experience.
- Assist in building medical policies and procedures.
- Perform back-of-house clinical diagnostics.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team of engineers, designers, physicians, and nurses.
- Support member experience onsite including helping members check-in, answering questions about our products and services, and giving tours of our site to prospective members.
- Support clinic operations, including helping to coordinate scheduling and appointment confirmations, managing onsite inventory, and working closely with operations teams to ensure the clinic is operating smoothly and efficiently.
- Impact-driven. You care about your impact upon the world. That means more building and less talking as you’re working toward something that has a chance to change people’s lives.
- Customer-obsessed. You are deeply empathetic, constantly putting yourself in the shoes of our members. You enjoy the customer service side of healthcare
- A Problem Solver – You’ve solved ambiguous and analytically complex problems, and are always looking for a new challenge.
- Process-oriented – You have exceptional organizational skills and enjoy building scalable operational processes
- Completing your degree in Nursing (no experience required)
- NY state RN license (or in the process of obtaining it)
- Experience in medical/clinical environment preferred
- Familiarity with phlebotomy or injections (however, we can provide training)
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion: We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.