Join our team. Make a difference – for us and for your future.
Deadline to submit application is October 22, 2021.
- Paid Internship
- No Corporate housing is offered and/or available
The purpose of this internship is to give a college student the opportunity to see all aspects of model risk management at FNB. This would include but not be limited to: analyzing the statistical methods used for models developed for use, evaluating the appropriateness of statistical methods used to develop models, determining if models used are producing accurate and consistent results, writing reports that document model validations performed.
In the role of Model Risk Intern, you have the opportunity to apply your knowledge of business and finance to real world scenarios within our risk management department. Throughout this experience you will gain practical, challenging and meaningful on-the-job work experience as a risk management professional with an organization who is continuously recognized as a Top Workplace and Best Place to Work.
Internship Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in ongoing model validations and model reviews to complete them.
- Conduct model risk reviews of models currently in production.
- Shadow a Model Validation Specialist to gain further understanding of model risk.
- Analyze results produced by models to determine their accuracy and statistical relevance.
- Write reports summarizing validation and review findings.
- Participate and attend FNB related events/trainings that are scheduled for all Summer Interns
Our internship programs are designed to ensure you gain valuable skills in your field of study while providing networking opportunities with professionals throughout the organization.
Over the course of the internship period you will:
- Gain hands-on experience working for a dynamic and innovative organization while learning about the financial services industry
- Work directly with assigned business leaders and professionals on various projects and assignments
- Have the opportunity to participate in networking events and meetings
- Have the opportunity to participate in corporate training opportunities to further aid in your professional development