Join our team. Make a difference – for us and for your future.
Deadline to submit application is October 22, 2021.
- Paid Internship
- No Corporate housing is offered and/or available
The purpose of this internship is to give a college student the opportunity to see all aspects of the Enterprise Data Management & Governance at FNB. This would include but not be limited to: ETL development/management, exposure to enterprise data assets (i.e. Master Data, EDW, Metadata, etc.), training on SQL and analytics platform, and participation in data quality and governance projects with business units across FNB.
In the role of Enterprise Data Management & Governance Intern, you have the opportunity to apply your knowledge of business, computer/information science and analytics to real world scenarios within our enterprise data projects. Throughout this experience you will gain practical, challenging and meaningful on-the-job work experience as a data management/engineer professional with an organization who is continuously recognized as a Top Workplace and Best Place to Work.
Internship Duties and Responsibilities:
- Most important responsibility for interns in the Enterprise Data Management & Governance team (EDMG) is to come curious to learn and motivated to work. You will be provided the opportunity to participate in project meetings to learn about the real world of topics like: project management, data analysis, data engineering, data architecture, data privacy/security, data visualization, metadata management, data virtualization, enterprise data warehouse, and master data management.
- As an intern you are provided training in tools like Microsoft SharePoint, Tibco Spotfire, SQL, and sometime SSIS.
- You will also be provided with training/overviews of other Lines of Business EDMG supports with our corporate data assets such as Finance, Data Science, Marketing Analytics, and other IT teams that support both Retail and Wholesale Banking applications. Development and deployment of data processes (e.g., extract, transform, load)
- Design and development of data stores, data products and/or enriched data sets for use within the enterprise analytic platform
- Technical specification documentation
- Data analysis and mapping
- Technical writing – reference/training materials process flows
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- As an intern you are treated like a junior employee and will be assigned real world assignments. At the end of your internship you will have the opportunity to present some of those assignments to the larger EDMG team and the IT leadership team.
Our internship programs are designed to ensure you gain valuable skills in your field of study while providing networking opportunities with professionals throughout the organization.
Over the course of the internship period you will:
- Gain hands-on experience working for a dynamic and innovative organization while learning about the financial services industry
- Work directly with assigned business leaders and professionals on various projects and assignments
- Have the opportunity to participate in networking events and meetings
- Have the opportunity to participate in corporate training opportunities to furthur aid in your professional development