Primary Office Location:
20 East General Robinson Street. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 15212.
Deadline to submit application is October 22, 2021.
- Paid Internship
- No Corporate housing is offered and/or available
The purpose of this internship is to give a college student or a recent graduate the opportunity to gain experiences in Corporate Communications. FNB’s Corporate Communications team oversees all information distributed to employees, customers, community members and shareholders, ensuring that it is accurate, relevant and timely.
This position will be primarily focused in internal communications, including working with FNB’s intranet, The Vault, and drafting, editing and distributing employee communications for various internal departments, such as Human Resources and Information Technology. In addition, the individual will gain exposure to external communications efforts.
As the Corporate Communications Intern, you have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and skillsets of writing, communicating, editing, project management and more to real world scenarios at FNB. Throughout this experience, you will gain practical, challenging and meaningful hands-on work experience as a Corporate Communications professional with an organization that is consistently recognized as a Top Workplace and Best Place to Work.
Internship Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform content audits on FNB’s intranet, The Vault, to ensure all content authors are publishing content in line with the established Content Author Guidelines
- Assist in building new content and enhancing existing content on FNB’s intranet, The Vault
- Draft and post Company news articles to FNB’s intranet, The Vault
- Create, edit and distribute communications for internal departments, such as Human Resources and Information Technology
- Brainstorm and execute strategic efforts to increase employee adoption of and engagement with FNB’s intranet, The Vault
- Serve as a proofing and copywriting resource for internal and external communications
- Participate in external communication initiatives that highlight Bank accomplishments, new endeavors, new hires and promotions, and community relations efforts.
- Participate and attend FNB related events/trainings that are scheduled for all Summer Interns
Our internship programs are designed to ensure you gain valuable skills in your field of study while providing networking opportunities with professionals throughout the organization.
Over the course of the internship period you will:
- Gain hands-on experience working for a dynamic and innovative organization while learning about the financial services industry
- Work directly with assigned business leaders and professionals on various projects and assignments
- Have the opportunity to participate in networking events and meetings
- Have the opportunity to participate in corporate training opportunities to further aid in your professional development