Femergy® located in Columbus, Ohio is seeking a Social Media Specialist to join our strong team. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, reliable, organized and a team player.
Femergy is a non-profit organization that provides life-skills training, career exploration, college readiness, wellness management and direct mentorship opportunities for girls and women. Femergy has been serving Central Ohio and surrounding areas for the past (6) years. In collaboration with many community partners, Femergy provides girls and women with programming access.
We are looking for individuals ready to use their skills to help us equip girls and women with the skills, strategies, resources, and inspiration they need to realize their full potential.
• Brainstorm ideas to reach Femergy’s following base
• Gain new followers through social media campaigns
• Generate new ideas and write/edit social media posts
• Work with other team members to reach Femergy’s goals
• Create and maintain schedule of posts to engage followers
• Maintain communication on progress of social media content with team members
• Draft, plan, coordinate and provide writing and editing support for multimedia (video, audio & interactive) projects
• Current College Student
• Knowledge of social media platforms including instagram, youtube, twitter, facebook, survey monkey
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Experience in graphic design
• Flexible and self-motivated
• Detail oriented, with the ability to prioritize under deadlines
• Previous experience in social media or marketing
• Understanding of or prior work/volunteer experience in non-profit organizations is preferred