Fellowship Square (FS) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide affordable housing and services for older adults. FS is seeking a self-motivated individual to support our community engagement efforts. FS is fast-paced, mission- driven organization with an exciting internship opportunity for someone looking to gain experience in the fields of nonprofit management, senior/aging-related services, communications, and volunteer and partner development.
- Assist in recruiting and managing volunteer groups for Fellowship House activities
- Promote and market volunteer and partner opportunities via social media, email marketing, website
- Assist in creation and production of collateral materials promoting FS volunteer opportunities
- Track hours of volunteer groups and individuals in FS’s donor management software, DonorPerfect
- Assist in planning and executing a drive for in-kind goods to benefit FS residents.
- Assist with outreach to current and potential new FS partner organizations.
- Collect pictures, quotes and testimonials from volunteers and partners about their experience
- Create and mail Thank You letters to volunteers
- Research opportunities to promote FS to local companies that have community engagement / volunteerism as a top priority for its employees
- Assist with volunteer recognition activities, awards and events
- Update FS website with information related to volunteer and partner opportunities
- Add FS volunteer opportunity info to community calendar postings and other free online listings
- Attend events to promote FS volunteer opportunities; Assist at all community outreach events
While the dates and times you work can be flexible, we do ask that once you determine your schedule that it remains consistent throughout the internship. Time off for holidays and vacations will be granted; and other adjustments can be made as needed. You will attend off-site meetings and activities so personal transportation is important. We do reimburse for all approved travel expenses (mileage, tolls).
You will be part of a larger team. Each property has its own onsite staff and FS has a staff of 10 people. You will participate in staff meetings, committee meetings with Board members and other meetings relevant to your role. This is a great opportunity to meet people and learn more about senior housing, nonprofit management, and other important skills. Your success is important to us and you will have many people willing to help you learn all you need to know to have the best internship experience.