Please apply here: https://frbog.taleo.net/careersection/1/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=22680
The Building Controls and Automation team is responsible for ensuring satisfactory and comfortable environmental conditions within the Board’s facilities. Work within a team to assist the installation, commissioning, troubleshooting and maintenance of the building controls in the Board’s real property portfolio.
The successful applicant will learn to read and evaluate design drawings and BAS Submittals, will learn to select appropriate devices, develop proficiency with installation of common control devices; learn to mark up as builts, perform preventative maintenance, build proficiency in Microsoft programs and AutoCAD, gain experience troubleshooting common building controls issues. Interest in commercial building mechanical, electrical and controls systems. Working knowledge of controls concepts for mechanical systems and equipment in commercial buildings and the ability to read building design drawings.
Suggested Major/Minor: Building Automation Engineering Technology, Automation Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering
Knowledge regarding control devices and system hardware components, including their application and benefits.
Basic knowledge of Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC) operation (boilers, chillers, pumps, fans, air handling units, etc).
- Experience using multi-meter.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment.
- Place high priority on customer service.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Ability to walk, bend, kneel, lift, climb ladders and work in uncomfortable positions.
- Ability to analyze and think critically.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; Must be able to interact and display tact and diplomacy at all levels within the Board staff.
- Self-motivated and ability to develop creative solutions.
- Ability to read Building Control Submittal documents and device wiring diagrams.
- Familiarity with written Sequence of Operation.
- Familiarity with BAS graphics, control points and terminology.
This position is required to be onsite.
US Citizenship is required for all Board internships and applicants must be current students, graduating from their program fall 2022 or later. Learn more about our internship program: https://www.federalreserve.gov/careers-internships.htm