The St. Louis Fed hires several Research Associates each year. Start dates for this search are in the Spring or Summer of 2022.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with, learn, and engage with our reputable economist staff, visiting fellows and scholars. Former St. Louis RAs have continued their careers in other Bank divisions, in PhD programs, and in the private sector. More Information can be found in the RAjobs link below under the success stories tab.
Visit https://research.stlouisfed.org/RAjobs/ for a detailed overview of the RA position.
What are the day-to-day activities?
- Perform statistical, econometric, computational and analytical research that economists can use for publication in academic journals.
- Utilize Excel and statistical packages such as Stata, R, Matlab, Julia, Python, and SAS.
- Collect, organize and interpret economic and financial data.
- Review academic journals, market sources and government reports.
- Write short articles or assist economists in developing short articles and presentations on current economic and financial conditions and policy issues.
- Attend to additional assignments, including gathering and organizing survey data and anecdotal information and summarizing economic data for the Beige Book.
- A GPA of 3.5 or above
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, econometrics, or quantitative economics
- Strong background in mathematics and statistics, including coursework in Calculus II, Econometrics, Linear Algebra, and Differential equations
- Previous economic research experience, such as undergraduate research assistant, research-related internship or independent research project.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit the documents requested below:
NOTE: Applications will not be considered without all of these materials.
- Cover letter
- Copy of unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Technical writing sample
- Completed applicant summary file using the following file: https://research.stlouisfed.org/jobopps/RA_Applicant_Summary_File.docx
For questions or concerns, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ranked as a Top Workplace, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees’ diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, as well as cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a strength. Embracing our diversity encourages employees to bring their valued perspectives to the table when generating ideas and solving problems and promotes an environment where innovation and excellence thrive. Learn more about the Bank and its culture; check out our Careers Site.