Since F. Schumacher & Co. was founded in 1889, our family-owned design house has been synonymous with style, taste and innovation—and always ahead of the pack.
We’re driven by a shared belief that design transforms life. It challenges convention. It brings a unique point of view into the world. It sets trends. And it leaves a mark.
We champion individual style and the collective practice of transformational interior design. We create it. We supply it. We support it. We celebrate it. We also partner with the most brilliant trendsetters in design and fashion to advance it. And we want to bring it to as many people and into as many homes as possible.
The Hospitality Team is excited to add Junior Designer to our team. This position will report into the Hospitality Associate Designer and will focus on digitally printed designs across fabric and wallcovering categories.
• Create color separated production files for digitally-printed wallcoverings
• Physically produce digitally printed strike offs at Brooklyn production facility
• Rework digital design files to adapt to client parameters and to meet production and fabrication needs.
• Construct original designs and modifications to layouts and put patterns into repeat.
• Execute color matching on complex multicolored patterns prior to production and trialing.
• Maintain digital library of design files and physical library of production strike offs
• Assist with communicating instructions and providing commentary and adjustments to vendors clearly and thoroughly.
• Partner with Hospitality Project Managers to develop print and woven designs from the beginning stages to final production
• Manage and execute multiple projects in a time-sensitive and efficient way in a busy environment.
• Minimum 1-3 years related experience in textile design.
• Strong computer skills, expertise in Photoshop and experience with AVA and/or textile-based software
• Exceptional design and layout skills.
• Detail oriented, organized, and thorough in all aspects of design.
• An understanding of layouts and repeats.
• Strong understanding of color mixing, color theory and screen separations
• BFA in Design or related degree.
• A no-task-is-too-small attitude and ability to flexibly adapt to shifting priorities.
• Ability to work independently and efficiently under pressure, follow directions, stay organized, and happily execute revisions with a high level of accuracy.
F. Schumacher & Co is a 131-year‐old interior design company that creates and distributes fabric, wallcovering and furniture to skilled businesses around the world. Our family‐owned company is synonymous with style, taste and innovation. Our collections are comprehensive, with an extraordinary range united by respect for classicism, an eye for the cutting edge, and an unparalleled level of quality.
But don’t be fooled! While we celebrate our storied heritage, we operate like a 130-year‐old startup. Our talented team is innovative and dynamic, and our culture is progressive and fun. In order continue our success; we are always looking for talented people that fit.
• Culture: In our company, you’re judged by your ideas and results, not by your experience or title. So, we encourage you to be thoughtful, casual, and to speak your mind.
• Development: We strive every day to develop you and your colleagues for what we believe is a challenging and supportive business environment.
• Teamwork: We believe that success and efficiency can only be a product of collaboration. At FSCO, working together is the rule, not the exception.
• Innovation: We have achieved success and longevity through innovation. And we encourage experimentation and rule breaking. Mistakes? Those are things we embrace, talk about and learn from.
• Life balance: Focused, productive time is more important than long hours. We believe in having enough time to be happy both in the office and out of it.
F. Schumacher & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equality in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.