Alzheimer’s Disease Research Associate Internship
ESURGI seeks a techno-scientific Research Assistant Intern for an interdisciplinary project. The ideal candidate has education, background or interest in healthcare or technology, research or funding.
Main Areas of Responsibility
· Spearhead development and submission of an NIH research grant in (1) Real-World Dynamic Biomechanics Measurement Using Wearable Sensor Technology to Facilitate a Reduction in ACL Injury Rates or (2) Use of an Alzheimer’s Disease Navigator App to improve caregiver and patient quality of life Through various stages of the disease.
· Research available literature to develop study proposal by academic research experts.
· This scope includes significance, current state, gaps, innovation, approach and plan.
· Ensure a successful research strategy, including that we are using the best measures and technology.
· Drive projects and administrative tasks.
- Self- driven and motivated. Results-driven, aggressive and available to drive a project to successful completion.
- Ability to drive medical research projects efficiently, including efficient literature search and understanding of the significance of the findings.
- Pursuing or have degree in or have knowledge of healthcare, medicine, biotechnology, or technical writing.
- Ability to do research and understand life sciences and technical material, especially sports medicine and orthopedics and ACL injuries, or behavioral medicine or Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Experience in scientific or technical writing or business.
ESURGI is a bio-health technology product early stage. We have projects including physical medicine and rehabilitation / physical therapy and medication reconciliation. We collaborate with academic subject matter experts on National Institutes of Health projects. Our leaders have developed and built successful technology companies, including one of Fortune Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies and Forbes Fast Tech 25, and have medical research background in institutions such as UCLA.
Why This Role
This position is ideal for college students and candidates who want to increase their background in health technology research and development. In addition, as an unpaid internship, this qualifies for internship credit, coop, CPT or OPT.
Position Type: Unpaid/ Part-time Internship
Location: Virtual. We are located in Timonium, MD