Job Summary: Encore Stage & Studio is seeking an Education Intern for the Fall 2021 semester. This internship will provide current undergraduate students with a part-time, hands-on experience working at a non-profit children’s theatre company.
- Assistant teaching, co-teaching, and/or lead teaching in-house programming for students ages 3-18.
- Being on the teaching team for workshops and Holiday Mini-Camps.
- Assisting the Education Director in facilitating the operation of Encore’s weekend and evening programming.
- Following Encore’s Covid-19 safety policy, which includes wearing a mask at all times, participating in daily health screenings and temperature checks, and maintaining social distancing whenever possible.
What You Bring to Encore Stage & Studio:
- A passion for working with young people.
- Experience in the performing arts.
- Creativity, flexibility, and strong organizational skills.
- The ability to work collaboratively and professionally with staff members and teaching artists.
- The ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and professionally with students and families.
- The ability to work independently on projects.
- Experience with Google Suite, Excel, and Word processing software.
- Flexible afternoon, evening, and Saturday morning availability.
What to Expect:
- You will report to the Education Director.
- 8 to 10-hour work week from October 1 to December 31, 2021, with the potential to extend through spring 2022. This includes evenings and weekends as required.
- Mentorship from Encore staff.
- Complimentary tickets to all Encore productions.
Location: Encore’s offices are located at Cherrydale United Methodist Church (3701 Lorcom Ln. Arlington, VA 22207). There is regular travel between the office, classes, and production locations. Transportation is the responsibility of the intern; access to a car is strongly recommended.