Emergis invites expressions of interest in the position of Senior Managing Director- Business Transformation. This position will be based in Boston. The position will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will be a member of Emergis’ Management Committee. Frequent travel will be required, subject to Covid 19 considerations.
The individual will be responsible for:
1. Participating with other members of the Management Committee in the formulation, planning and management of Emergis’ overall business strategy.
2. Leading the formulation, execution and management of Emergis’ Business Transformation Strategy internationally. This includes revenue generating origination and management of significant client engagements requiring interim and crisis management, as well as strategic business transformation initiatives driving top and bottom-line results for investee companies—emphasizing enterprise value creation and capture (often technology-driven, relating to the core functions of the enterprise). Such assignments may be driven by:
§ a specific and perhaps urgent need for such services, or
§ a standalone Business Transformation/ Process Improvement engagement, or
§ part of an overall operational and financial restructuring on behalf of the enterprise or its existing stakeholders (often in anticipation of a recapitalization), or
§ a post- placement Business Transformation/ Process Improvement execution support on behalf of new investors
3. Origination of Business Transformation projects – with or without a capital raising engagement component.
4. Recruitment of a top-notch Business Transformation team in North America and Europe, in collaboration with the CEO and SVP- Human Resources, based on agreed recruitment criteria.
5. Formulation of pricing recommendations for these engagements, which may be either “bundled” (e.g., within the context of a broader capital placement) or “unbundled” (e.g., on a standalone engagement.)
6. The Business Transformation team will also support the company’s Investment Banking teams and Asset Management teams in the identification and evaluation of companies which are undermanaged and undervalued, and the assessment of direct lending opportunities to and/or direct investments in European and North American Small and Medium Enterprises (“SMEs”.)
7. The SMD- Business Transformation will be responsible for coordination of the company’s global recruitment efforts among “best in class” candidates with significant track records in transformational management. Members of the Company’s Business Transformation team (but NOT the SMD- Business Transformation) may also be deployed from time to time as senior executive Business Transformation executives in a client company on an interim basis.
8. Such other responsibilities as assigned from time to time.
Emergis’ co-investor and LP investors will include a broad range of medium to long term perspective investors. See Slide #12 of Emergis’ Investor Summary
Emergis emphasizes the application of technology, data management and strategic organizational imperatives in the Business Transformation/ Value Creation process. Please refer to the Business Transformation sections of our website at www.emergiscapital.com.
The successful candidate will have significant restructuring and business transformation experience across a range of sectors as well as demonstrated track record in business development and the recruitment, management and mentoring of business transformation professionals at all staff levels. This may include business/ transformation/ restructuring experience gained at a reputable international restructuring firms and/or the Big 4 Advisory Firms or may include sector-specific in-house corporate experience.
Candidates are expected to have outstanding academic qualifications from recognized firm and a track record in functioning at an executive level in diverse cultural environments. European language capabilities will be favorably considered.
The candidate will be driven and ambitious and be willing to drive forward their careers and the Company’s success in a rapidly changing and evolving economic landscape. The company brings together in a unique approach to transformational management and investment (including the pursuit of innovative investment strategies) thru the strategic leveraging of its Business Transformation, Investment Banking, Private Equity and Investment Management teams to provide corporate liquidity solutions to stakeholders and unique value add investment opportunities to institutional, Family Office and High Net Worth Individuals.
A strong emphasis on teamwork and mentoring will be a key metric in annual bonus compensation.
This is a unique professional opportunity to join a highly motivated and accomplished team and to join at an early stage of the company’s development.