The Predictive Diagnostics Data Associate will support EDPR’s global fleet of generating assets in North America, Europe and South America. Your primary responsibilities are to develop and maintain new/existing tools, techniques and indicators to detect potential future failures in wind turbines, solar plant components, or other electrical/mechanical systems and components using condition monitoring and data analytics. In addition, you will be responsible for development and maintenance of internal and external data and automation-related processes for the team.
- Develop new tools, techniques and indicators using available SCADA/condition monitoring data to predict future equipment failures by utilizing statistical analysis, anomaly detection and/or advanced techniques such as machine learning.
- Maintain and improve existing tools and techniques that are in use to predict future equipment failures.
- Develop and optimize data related processes within the team to improve efficiency of team activities.
- Maintain and troubleshoot existing data and automation related processes within the team as needed
- Manage integration of new data streams to existing processes and tools
- Manage related data science projects with external vendors
- Work closely with other members of the Performance Management department, IT, SCADA and corporate reporting teams to address any data and process related issues.
- Work as part of a global team, supporting and leading initiatives that enhance the group’s capabilities and performance
- Support creation of reports and dashboards related to team’s activities.
- Stay current with new data science and machine learning tools and techniques.
- Provide training related to data science, tools and projects to other members of the team/department.
- Additional duties as required
Direct reports: None
Travel: Upto 10%
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Engineering, Data Science, or related field and 3+ years of relevant technical or educational experience
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Familiarity with Python or R software required
- Familiarity with SQL required
- Experience with big data analytics and cloud computing is highly desirable (specifically Microsoft Azure Data Factory, Databricks & Azure Synapse)
- Demonstrated programming skills with software applications, databases, and historians that contain large time-series based data sets.
- Experience with machine learning algorithms, techniques and implementation highly desirable with knowledge in building scalable models.
- Experience with SAP or other work order management systems preferred
- Experience with PowerBI or Tableau preferred.
- Familiarity with wind turbine components, PV plants and other power generation equipment and experience with associated SCADA and maintenance datasets preferred.
- Competency in Analytical Problem Solving, Strong Communication, Customer/Partner Relationships, and Technology Expertise. (Preferred).
- Ability to multi-task and be self-motivated
- Strong interest in data science, machine learning and/or automation processes and driven to keep up with the latest developments in related field
- Ability to perform job tasks in a collaborative working environment
- Ability to work well independently, manage time and tasks.
- High attention to detail and strong problem-solving ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Strong time-management skills including demonstrated ability to provide technical support for multiple concurrent activities
- Ability to comprehend and apply a variety of subjects relating to wind and solar energy, including meteorology, aerodynamics, and electrical and mechanical systems
- Exemplary standards of integrity, ethics, safety, quality, and productivity
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle, including possession of a valid driver’s license
Physical demands & working conditions:
- Sitting/Standing/Flexibility: Ability to stand and sit for 8 or more hours when in an office environment.
- Speech/Reading: Ability to speak, read, and write English proficiently and deliver a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form.
- Lifting: Ability to lift items weighing up to 10 pounds
- Vision/Hearing: Ability to understand a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form.
- Safety: Ability to understand and communicate safety precautions when necessary