Full-Time Industrial Technology Teacher
EATON HIGH SCHOOL
Start date: ASAP
Starting Salary Range: $38,456 – $52,125 depending on experience and education
Employee Benefits: health, dental, life, vision (optional), Colorado Public Employee Retirement Account (PERA), sick leave, discretionary leave (http://www.eaton.k12.co.us/careers/salary-benefits)
Eaton High School is hiring a full-time Industrial Technology for the 2021-2022 school year. Classes taught by this position include but are not limited to Intro to Woodworking, Intermediate Woodworking, Advanced Woodworking, and Basic Construction. Certified positions must hold, be in process of obtaining, or be eligible to obtain a Colorado teaching license; Master’s degree preferred. A long-term substitute teacher or candidate in an alternative teaching license program would be considered. Information on transferring out-of-state credentials to CO can be found at https://www.cde.state.co.us/cdeprof. Experienced teachers must upload a copy of their last evaluation.
Eaton High School educates 550 students each year in 9th through 12th grades. Student engagement, high expectations, and academic rigor build the foundation of the educational environment at EHS. Each student has a staff advisor who supports him/her in all four years. 99% of students participate in co-curricular activities. This support results in an exceptional graduation rate of 98%. Eligible students at EHS are able to obtain college credit for courses taken on campus, off-campus, and online in English, Math, Science, History, Spanish, Accounting, Agriculture, and Early Childhood Education. Eaton students enjoy access to robust electives that will help them explore career options within Agriculture, STEM, Arts/Design, Journalism/Publishing, Performing Arts, Computer Programming, Skilled Trades, Health Sciences, Human Services, and Business. EHS is known for having high expectations for students with a rigorous 29 credits required for graduation. Our students rise to those expectations by demonstrating excellence in everything they do. With 37 team state championships in athletics and Knowledge Bowl along with numerous awards for drama, music, journalism, FFA, FBLA, and FCCLA; it is easy to see why there is so much pride in being an Eaton Red. View the ’21-22 EHS course descriptions here.
View the complete job description and apply at www.eaton.k12.co.us/careers. Position open until filled.
WELD COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT RE-2
POSITION TITLE: Teacher
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
-Bachelor’s degree required.
-Current Colorado Teaching license with appropriate endorsement for this position.
-Working knowledge of the subject matter assigned, classroom management, best practices and strategies, students’ learning styles and needs, both academic and affective.
-Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work cooperatively with parents, students, and staff in a small rural school environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Shall be knowledgeable about strategies, planning practices, assessment techniques and appropriate accommodations to ensure student learning in a standards-base classroom.
- Secondary school teacher is knowledgeable in literacy and mathematics and an expert in their content endorsement area.
- Shall enhance content instruction with a thorough understanding of District and State content standards.
- Integrate literacy into content area instruction
- Knowledgeable about classroom practice in order to successfully facilitate the learning environment, manage time, communications, and record keeping procedures that will support and enhance student learning.
- Communicates with students, families, and colleagues concerning student academic and behavioral progress.
- Employs a wide range of teaching techniques to match the intellectual, emotional, and social level of each student, and chooses alternative teaching strategies and materials to achieve different curricular purposes.
- Collects data on individual student achievement and is accountable for each child’s learning.
- Shall be knowledgeable about student electronic database and grading software.
- Review and apply individualized education programs, personal learning plans, or advanced learning plans.
- Shall be skilled in technology and is knowledgeable about using technology to support instruction and enhance student learning in a standards-based classroom.
- Upholds all policies, rules and regulations, standards, and expectations that may be established by the Board of Education, state and federal authorities, and immediate supervisor.
- Maintains records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations in a timely and confidential manner.
- Demonstrates professional cooperative relationship with others.
- Demonstrates effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attends staff meetings, serves on committees, and attends workshops or in-service training activities.
- Weld RE-2 employees shall comply with standard practices and ethical conduct toward information and information technology, students, professional colleagues, school officials, parents, and members of the community. In conscientiously conducting his or her affairs, the employee shall exemplify the highest standards of professional commitment.
- Completes other tasks as assigned by the immediate Supervisor, Superintendent, or Board of Education.
Note – these statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by teachers. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, and duties required of teachers.
Contact principal Mrs. Jessica Grable email@example.com with any questions.