EAC Network seeks a Receptionist for the Career Services Program, located in Hempstead, NY. The position is part time, up to 21 hours/ week.
Primary Purpose of Job:
The Receptionist provides clerical assistance and administrative support.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greet and welcome customers
- Sign in customers and direct them to appropriate staff
- Answer and forward incoming calls
- Provide information about HempsteadWorks via phone and email
- Perform data entry and related clerical work
- Attend staff webinars, workshops, and training
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- High School Diploma or educational equivalent required.
- Excellent customer services skills and ability to work with people of different background
- Strong verbal communication, public speaking, organizational and time management skills
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience required.
- Must have access to automobile and possess valid Driver’s License.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient in computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, Microsoft Office applications, calendar, email and/or database software necessary to perform work assignments
- Bilingual preferred