Location: Mt. Sterling, IL Department: Center for Career Development Reports To: Department Supervisor
Your Role: Train, learn, and work with our Center for Career Development and related departments to gain understanding of workflows, processes, and how this department interacts with other parts of the business. Complete a minimum of one assigned project for review and possible implementation in addition to gaining valuable professional work experience, knowledge, and skills.
- Training and job-shadowing within the Center for Career Development department to understand workflows and business needs across the company
- Leadership/ownership of assigned project(s)
- Participation in a team project with other interns
- Problem definition, research, data collection, analysis to determine best processes and methods for problem-solving
- Review, update, and track a variety of reports
- Present project information at the culmination of the internship to communicate research, findings, analysis and any recommendations
- Applies lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position.
- Ability to work a minimum of 350 hours during internship tenure (Summer 2022)
- Occasional cross-departmental training and project work with other interns
- Potential for minimal overnight travel; ability to travel without restriction by all modes of transportation, including car, plane, or train
Work Statement: Dot Foods is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status.
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company since 1960, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- Competitive wages and bonus potential
- Impactful experiential learning
- Great working relationships
- Future career opportunities
We Need You To Have:
- Full-time student in good standing actively pursuing a degree at an accredited college/university
- Minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
We’d Like You To Have:
- Degree work towards a Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Development, HR, or other Business related field
- Effective, professional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience or classes in System Development and/or Organizational Psychology.