Location: Chesterfield, MO, Mt. Sterling, IL or Remote
Department: Brand Marketing
Reports To: Creative Services Manager
You don’t underestimate the power of words. You believe concise, thoughtful, and clever prose are key to strong storytelling. You keep projects on track but always leave room for creativity. If this sounds like you, Dot Foods wants you on our team.
As a corporate content writer, you will help drive our content strategy. To be successful in this position, you must be a self-starter; deliver creative, authentic, experience-based content; and have impeccable attention to detail.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Write, edit, and publish content for websites, blogs, videos, social media posts/campaigns, and other sources
- Develop and maintain a social content calendar and use knowledge of SEO and content development to create digital content that increases visibility via search engines
- Curate, create, and edit content to support business objectives across all departments and drive understanding of Dot’s mission, vision, and values
- Ensure all content is factually accurate, grammatically correct, and reflects the appropriate tone and objectives
- Successfully manage projects with multiple tasks and shifting priorities
- Work in a highly collaborative culture which involves continuous exchange and vetting of ideas
- Occasional overnight travel required. Must have ability to independently travel as needed, without restriction, by all modes of transportation, including car, plane, or train for customer/vendor calls, training, or meetings.
WHO WE ARE
Dot Foods makes products more accessible and affordable to the food industry. We add efficiency to the supply chain and build valuable partnerships with distributors, suppliers, and operators. Our company was created on a foundation of respect and dependability. People who are open to input, ask questions, embrace diversity, and seek innovative solutions thrive here.
WHAT DOT CAN OFFER YOU
As a family-owned and
-operated company since 1960, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture. We make everyone feel included and respected. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- Competitive compensation package, including bonuses for successful performance
- Extensive benefits including medical, dental, 401k, and profit-sharing
- Significant advancement opportunities
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Minimum 2-5 years of content, digital, and brand marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in writing, journalism, or marketing
- Experience developing creative content for print, web, and social media
- Experience in social media monitoring
- Strong organizational, critical thinking, and editing skills
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Expertise in proper use of AP Stylebook rules, grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Flexible attitude toward evolving responsibilities and environments
YOU MAY ALSO HAVE
- Skill in professional writing in several languages (Spanish and/or French)
- Experience writing about complex topics in plain language
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple simultaneous projects with varying complexities and timelines
- A willingness to use marketing strategies, such as agile marketing and journey mapping