This role will develop customized solutions for our clients based on our current robotic platform. He/she will be working with the software engineers and mechanical engineers in developing the reliable solutions. Responsibilities include:
- Develop all aspects of the control system for our robotic system, including PLC and HMI programming, PC communication, Network configuration and sensor selection.
- Provide support to installation, modifications of the control system, including project planning (i.e., project scheduling/phasing, subcontract planning, resource planning, budget planning, commissioning planning)
- Develop and review the electrical drawings. Supervise the outside panel shop to fabricate electrical panels per the drawing.
- Conduct meetings with customers as a subject matter expert and resolve any control/electrical related issues.
- Provide Project Management leadership and communication to all project team members and functional managers such that the project objectives are clear, responsibilities are understood, and progress is tracked and reported.
- Develops, evaluates, and enhances manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
1. BS in Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering or related fields.
2. Experience in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated ability developing and implementing automation processes and equipment.
3. Must have a good electrical background, including hands on experience with PLC’s/HMI programming, motion controls and associated software.
4. Hands-on experience with electrical panel design and troubleshooting.
5. Strong sense of ownership to the projects and be highly self-motivated.
6. Experience working with industrial safety systems or robotic safety systems.
7. Knowledge of industrial communication protocol, e.g. CIP, CAN, EtherCAT, etc.
- Experience in PLC ControlLogix/CompactLogix or Siemens S7
- Familiar with PC–based controller/interface from windows to real time multi-tasking operating system/embedded and PLC, HMI, PID servo control, linear motor, robot controller, stepper motor controller, data acquisition, vision system, low/high voltage system wiring to board level design.
- Experience in designing industrial control systems/electrical panel using AutoCAD or EPLAN.
- Experience with industrial automation systems.
- Knowledge and experience of controlling industrial robots and the operation of robotic cells, e.g. Yaskawa, ABB, etc.
- Familiar with CE and UL certifications and IEC60204.