Position & Perks
The Shannon Rose Irish Pub is looking for an experienced Chef to join our team and bring great food to life with an Irish kick! Our People believe in warm Irish hospitality and creating a sense of comfort and belonging for every guest. A friendly, inviting pub serving a wide variety of authentic Irish/American fare with perfect pints of favorite brews, live entertainment and the kind of crowds that always ensures a good time!
Our success is founded on talented people who share our values and beliefs. Our team must understand our culture; they must enjoy bringing delight to others; they must appreciate each person’s uniqueness; they must produce great results; and they must have fun.
The Chef is responsible for the operation of the kitchen in the restaurant, including leading and directing the work of the Culinary Team Members in daily operations in the absence of the Chef/Kitchen Manager.
- Hiring, training and developing hospitality-focused Team Members.
- Assuming leadership of restaurant operations in the absence of the General Manager.
- Utilizing all forecasting systems for food production, inventory, and labor and scheduling.
- Managing the performance of the culinary staff to drive efficient execution of all kitchen operations.
- Supporting and implementing all Shannon Rose Irish Pub culinary programs.
- Consistently enforcing standards for recipe adherence, food preparation, production and presentation.
- Going “above and beyond” to accommodate Guests’ requests and encouraging the same from kitchen staff.
- Ensuring thorough training and communication of all Company initiatives.
- 3 years high volume, upscale restaurant kitchen experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Culinary degree strongly preferred.
- Serve Safe/Food Handlers certifications strongly preferred.
- Ability to work a varied schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to communicate clearly in English – both verbal and written
- Ability to perform basic math calculations and understanding of fundamental accounting principles.
- Demonstrated ability to write, create and cost out recipes.
- Highly skilled in food preparation and cooking methods including proper utilization of cooking equipment, utensils and tools.
- Demonstrated experience with cooking and preparation methods.
- Ability to lead others and thrive in a fast paced environment.
Along with an inclusive environment and great advancement opportunities, we offer a banquet of benefits that will protect your health, ensure your future and provide the tools you need to succeed at work and in life.
- Competitive Pay
- Quarterly Bonus Opportunity
- Medical, Dental and Life Insurance for you and your family
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- Flexible Dependent and Health Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Savings Plan with company matching
- Paid Time Off
- Dining Privileges and a whole lot more!