Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
The Finance Department support MSF in carrying out its mission in an effective, efficient, ethical and accountable manner to its donors and the public at large by managing MSFUSA’s budgetary, financial and accounting practice.
The Finance Intern will support the activities of the Finance team.
Objective: To assist the Finance team while acquiring basic knowledge of non-profit accounting.
The Finance Intern will be expected to perform the following tasks:
• Assist with budget application maintenance
• Assist with updating spreadsheets and databases
• Assist in data management for 2022 budget
• Assist in analysis and preparation for year-end accounting
• Assist with other budgetary and accounting tasks as needed
• Strong computer and data analysis skills (knowledge of Accounting systems is a plus)
• Strong organizational and administrative skills
• Attention to detail
• Flexibility and ability to plan and prioritize multiple tasks
• Genuine commitment to the principles and work of the MSF movement
Please note that neither relocation assistance nor visa sponsorship will be offered for this position.
We do not accept phone calls or e-mails during the recruitment process. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
MSF-USA/Doctors Without Borders is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No employee, or applicant for employment, shall be discriminated against in any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. We are constantly striving to make our organization anti-racist. Diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. As an employee, you become part of that mission. We expect this same commitment from our staff.