Dermatology and Skin Care Associates (DSCA) located minutes from Boston in Wellesley, Massachusetts offers an elite, paid Gap-Year Program for top students who have completed college and are applying to medical school.
This one- to two-year fast-paced environment delivers a unique opportunity to
work closely alongside caring Ivy-League educated doctors and gain clinical knowledge before transitioning to medical school. Students learn patient history taking, fundamentals of diagnosis and treatment of many dermatologic diseases, and hands-on opportunity.
– Assist a physician on a daily basis with direct patient care.
– Obtain patient history and chief complaint.
– Assist with biopsies, surgical procedures; learn sterile
– Receive training and use electronic medical records.
– Answer patient phone calls and schedule patient visits.
– Assist with patient education on treatment plans