Dell Technologies Services
Intern, Customer Experience Designer
Are you passionate about working for a company with an unparalleled commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities? Join us as a Customer Experience Design Intern on our Dell Technologies Services, User Interface Engineering team in Austin, Texas.
Dell Technologies Services (DT Services) is an organization within Dell Technologies. DT Services provides support and extended warranty services, managed deployment, enterprise installation, cybersecurity and configuration services for both Enterprise and Client customers. It is one of the most strategic and profitable organizations in the company and is currently experiencing explosive global growth. DT Services is made up of global operations teams to include customer service, supply chain, and professional services, marketing and sales operations teams, finance, engineering, and more.
What you’ll achieve
You’ll join a new vertically integrated design team within DT Services operations to design end to end experiences across all customer types and journeys. Similar to a design consultancy, this team’s an elite group that is consistently innovating and transforming customer journeys. The scale is global and your work will have immediate impact on millions of customers.
The role is both a hands-on and strategic role, which requires a solid background in the conceptualization, design and creation of first-class customer experiences. You’ll collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders and develop strong and collaborative working relationships across the Dell Technologies Services organization.
· Execute and drive the experience throughout the customer lifecycle, from creation of design concepts to the final launch, as well as post-launch monitoring and analysis.
· Regularly track and communicate success metrics that illustrate the results of the design.
· Serve as an evangelist for the gold standard of user experience and design, both externally and internally, constantly working with the team to create industry-leading work and to follow user-centered, iterative design processes.
· Facilitate design thinking sessions to discover problems, generate solutions and prioritize next steps.
· Collaborate and align with Product Management, Marketing, and Development, as well as
· Continuously understand, research, and communicate design, customer experience, and market trends that should be considered and incorporated into the Dell Technologies Services strategy.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
· Enrolled in a Bachelor or Graduate program in UI/UX Design, Interaction Design, Service Design, Computer Science, or related field required
· Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, collaborate to solve problems, clearly present design ideas and solutions, and keep colleagues and stakeholders informed
· Ability to act as a customer experience champion and evangelist, both internally and externally
· Experience applying Design Thinking to ambiguous situations, digital and non-digital, to frame problems and opportunities, and to work toward their solutions.
· Technically savvy, able to work with development and engineering teams leveraging agile development methodologies.
· Excellent analytic thinking and creative problem-solving skills
· Detail-oriented, and willing to continuously learn, adapt and evolve
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.