Interested candidates for this opportunity may apply through 11/01/2021 at: USAJOBS – Job Announcement When applying, be sure to include your transcript (if applying based upon education) in addition to your resume.
Who may apply: United States Citizens & Nationals. Students may apply up to nine months prior to completing their academic requirements.
Applications will be accepted for the open period as stated above. Cutoffs may be used; however, a first cutoff will not occur prior to 09/13/2021. Applicants may be referred as vacancies exist. Multiple cut-off dates may be used. To ensure consideration for future vacancies, candidates are encourage to submit their applications early.
The major duties described below reflect the full performance level of this position:
Manages programs and processes in order to ensure efficient and compliant execution of financial management resources.
Prepares and delivers briefings, training sessions, consultations and strategy sessions with other staff service functions and activities to influence managers and others to accept findings and recommendations.
Assesses a variety of reports received from internal and external sources to develop formalized recommendations for management’s consideration.
Evaluates operations, policies, procedures, and internal controls of financial operations to prevent and detect deficiencies in the operation of financial management areas.
Receives special projects pertaining to improving the effectiveness and efficiency of financial management operations and related functional requirements.
Duties will be developmental in nature when the position is filled below the full performance level.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S Citizen or National
- Registered for Selective Service (males born after 12-31-1959)
- Suitable for federal employment
- Obtain/Maintain Financial Management Certification
- This national security position, which may require access to classified information, requires a favorable suitability review and security clearance as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain security eligibility may result in termination.
- Background or Security Investigation: This position requires either a Non-Critical Sensitive or Secret Clearance. Employment in this position requires a background investigation which may delay your starting date.
Human Resources will determine your qualifications for each entry grade level based on your interest and the additional following criteria. Resumes for federal government positions need more detailed work descriptions and accomplishments than a typical private sector resume. Please be sure to clearly describe the full scope of your work experiences in your resume. Combinations of education and experience may also be sufficient.
To be hired at the GS-7 entry grade level, applicants must minimally have: One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of a GS-05 within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
- Specialized experience is defined as: Experience applying financial laws, principles, systems, policies, methods, and practices to provide routine technical guidance to managers, employees and/or customers; gathering data from financial systems; and researching financial policies and laws to resolve common financial issues.
- SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR GS-7 SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: One full year of graduate level education (or will have completed within 9 months of job post closing) or Superior Academic Achievement (Grade point average of a 2.95 or higher on a 4.0 scale or class standing in the upper third of the graduating class or major subdivision) or membership in a national scholastic honor society may be substituted to meet the specialized experience requirement. Equivalent combinations of successfully completed graduate level education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements.
To be hired at the GS-9 entry grade level, applicants must minimally have: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the federal service which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
- Specialized experience is defined as: Experience researching and interpreting financial regulations, policies and laws to provide substantive recommendations and advice to managers; analyzing and evaluating reports and data from financial systems to identify issues and discrepancies; and researching and interpreting financial policies and laws to resolve financial issues.
- SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR GS-9 SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: A Master’s or equivalent graduate level degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education (or will have completed within 9 months of job post closing) leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D. may be substituted to meet the specialized experience requirement. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. Equivalent combinations of successfully completed graduate level education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements.
To be hired at the GS-11 entry grade level, applicants must minimally have: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
- Specialized experience is defined as: Experience analyzing financial and accounting operations to recommend process improvements; monitoring and evaluating financial systems to identify weaknesses and ensure compliance with internal controls; and analyzing the impact of applicable laws and regulations on an organizations financial policies, operations and systems and recommending changes to maintain compliance.
- SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR GS-11 SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: A Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M. (or will have completed within 9 months of job post closing) may be substituted to meet the specialized experience requirement. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. Equivalent combinations of successfully completed graduate level education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements.
This position is developmental and selections may be made at the GS-7, GS-9, or GS-11 entry grade levels. Once eligibility and qualification requirements are met, selectees will be eligible for promotion at management discretion to the GS-9 and GS-11 grade levels without further competition.
This position is being filled under the Direct Hire Authority for Certain Personnel of the Department of Defense via delegated authority by the Office of the Secretary of Defense. Positions may be filled as permanent or term with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location. We reserve the right to close this announcement early or to extend, as appropriate, based upon the needs of the Agency. Qualified application packages may be referred to management at various points in the selection process depending on the number and timing of applications received. Selections may be made at any point during the announcement open period.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To learn more about this opportunity or to apply visit: USAJOBS – Job Announcement