***Must apply through USA Jobs at https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/617690200 ***
As a HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (COMPENSATION) at the GS-0201-7/9/11 some of your typical work assignments may include:
· Perform data collection tasks on assigned full scale, wage change and special surveys using established operating procedures and special instructions accompanying the assignment. Perform wage surveys that include full scale, wage change, overseas educators, and other special surveys as required.
· Perform administrative functions associated with the pre and post-survey process. Provide advice and guidance relative to application of HR rules and regulations for complex technical problems and issues.
· Interviewing private industry firms to obtain complete and accurate information pertaining to specific job(s). Disseminate new or emerging guidance explaining rationale for new policy or interpretation.
· Conducting a critical evaluation fo the information provided to determine internal consistency, reasonableness, and accuracy.
· Develop issue papers and recommendations for action on technical issues for which precedents are established.
· Develop issue paper and develop formal presentation including briefings on ongoing wage and salary issues.
Frequent Travel. You will be expected to travel at least 60% of the time for this position.
SALARY: The starting salary is $49,157 with rapid salary advancement and
promotion potential based on performance.
BENEFITS: Paid federal holidays, vacation pay, sick leave, health insurance, life insurance,
retirement plan, commuting transit subsidy, telework, and 401(k) with employer match.
1. Bachelor’s Degree – Highly Qualified Majors: Communication, Human Resources, Management, Marketing, Political Science, Public Relations, General Business, Hospitality Management, Psychology, or Sociology.
2. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Attention to detail.
3. Eagerness and ability to travel frequently.
4. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
5. Valid driver’s license.