Make an immediate impact on a global scale!
At Cepheid, leader in molecular diagnostics, we are passionate about improving healthcare through faster, more accurate diagnostic tests. With our GeneXpert® System, we’ve taken the most sophisticated molecular technology and packaged it into an automated, easy-to-use format that has quickly become the platform of choice worldwide. From the largest laboratories to small physician offices, our game-changing solution delivers critical answers when clinicians and patients need them most. Through strong molecular biology capabilities and ongoing product innovation, we are focused on developing tests for healthcare-associated infections, sexual health, critical infectious disease, virology, and oncology applications.
The work we do every day will change patient care around the world! Be inspired knowing you’re part of the team helping to diagnose the most challenging diseases. Learn about the Danaher Business System which makes everything possible.
The Innovation Biomedical Engineer (Part of the Danaher STEM iDEAS Program) is responsible for supporting Innovation Core & Research projects through the planning, execution, analysis, and reporting of prototype products for next generation Cepheid products.
This position is part of the Innovation Organization and will be located in Sunnyvale, CA. Innovation evaluates new technologies to ensure Cepheid continues to provide best in class diagnostics.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Take on a hands-on, bench-level role working with the Innovation, Engineering, Systems Integration, and other inter-disciplinary groups to support experiments on various prototype assay, consumable, and instrument components/systems for early-stage in vitro diagnostic R&D activities.
· Work independently in a cross-disciplinary environment to design, plan, and execute laboratory experiments using specialized test equipment
· Prepare, handle, and process a wide range of chemical & biological materials from buffers to simulated clinical matrix to blood
· Perform sample preparation and PCR using conventional bench-top methods as well as the Cepheid GeneXpert system
· Work in CAD to design prototype components and/or tools that can be quickly manufactured (3D printed, machined, etc.)
· MS with experience in a laboratory/shop setting for technical R&D, product development, and/or innovation projects ideally in the medical, diagnostics, healthcare, and/or consumer health spaces
· Degree in Biomedical Engineering, Bio-Engineering, Molecular Biology, or other related Technical/Life Science discipline
· Broad technical knowledge base across engineering systems, plastics/consumables, biologics, and chemistry
It would be a plus if you also possess previous experience in:
· Demonstrated basic biology laboratory skills, including pipetting
· Demonstrated basic engineering laboratory skills including CAD (SolidWorks)
Cepheid, a Danaher company, offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to our lives. Whether it’s a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits at danaherbenefitsinfo.com.
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, and results-oriented.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, and variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance.