· Provide technical solutions for product cost improvements and reliability projects
· Determine specifications and requirements of legacy components
· Develop Test Plans to validate design solutions
· Verify designs through the use of lab testing, analysis, and simulation tools
· Interact with manufacturing, procurement, tech support, and as well as outside suppliers
· Report to Engineering Manager with current project status
· Ensure timely and effective delivery of solutions into production
· Report to Engineering Project Manager with current project status
· A PhD in Electrical Engineering. Studies in physics is a plus.
· Demonstrated skills and experience with several of the following: digital circuits, Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Layout, micro processors, control systems, FPGA, and electromechanical interfaces
- Experience with hands-on electromechanical equipment in lab and factory setting
· Demonstrated skills in determining root cause and implementing effective corrective actions. Experience with any of the following formal problem solving skills is highly desired: RCCM, 5 Why’s, CAPA, DMAIC
· Demonstrated skills with CAD software: AutoCad, Pro-E, Solidworks.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in a team-based environment.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Typical travel required: <5% of time