The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF) and its employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are the pillars on which CFF stand and will continue to sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their families.
- Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work. We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support one another.
Our highly mission-focused Foundation is seeking an experienced Investment Performance and Reporting Analyst that is willing and able to contribute to the investment team in a variety of capacities. This position will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely reporting of performance on a diversified portfolio of public and private investments and providing performance and risk analytics that inform decision making by Investment team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts portfolio and fund-level analysis – returns, attribution, and exposure analysis using portfolio management software and Microsoft Excel.
- Conducts extensive data gathering, analyses, and integration for public and private investments, portfolio liquidity and exposures, fees, benchmark and peer comparison. Maintains current and historical documentation related to portfolio returns, reporting templates, and benchmarks.
- Utilizes standard monitoring and reporting tools for timely and accurate internal and external reports.
- Assists with preparation of various internal and external audit workpapers and schedules.
- Assists with regular monitoring of ongoing investments in accordance with established policies.
- Monitors the accuracy of all cash flows and exposure data entered into the performance analytics system by third-party service providers. Monitors investment-level performance estimates and valuations conducted by third parties.
- Assists with investment, cash, and unfunded commitment reconciliations.
- Assists with new investments’ onboarding in the system by setting up workflows and working with the investment team to understand key investment properties and benchmarks, reading legal documents, and entering fee and liquidity terms.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in similar role, preferably at a foundation or endowment.
- Superior analytical skills with advanced ability in Microsoft Excel. A quick learner of new software systems.
- Advanced ability to produce charts, graphs and tables as well as streamlining report design. Experienced in data visualization.
- High level of understanding of Global Investment Performance Standards (“GIPS”), performance measurement methodologies (Modified Dietz, geometric returns, time-weighted returns, IRRs) and many portfolio risk characteristics (beta, standard deviation, Sharpe Ratio, correlation, duration).
- High level of knowledge on the reporting of different investment strategies, such as hedge funds, private equity, fixed income and derivatives.
- Experience using different research/contact management software (e.g. Bipsync, Backstop, Dynamo) and portfolio/risk management systems (e.g. Caissa, Solovis, Bloomberg, FactSet).
- Ability to synthesize data and summarize complex sets of financial information.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to multitask, manage priorities, and be self-sufficient.
- A collegial work style and a willingness to perform a wide range of tasks.
- CFA, CAIA, CIPM, FRM preferred.
- Reports to the Director of Investments Operations; no direct reports.
- Minimal travel (e.g., 2x/yr.) to conferences and meetings, as necessary.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, and temperature.
- No heavy lifting required.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is committed to offering competitive compensation (base pay and incentive), benefits, and professional development opportunities that maximize our ability to recruit, retain, reward, and motivate a highly-qualified and diverse workforce. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage; generous time-off and leave policies; a holistic well-being program; health savings and flexible spending accounts; employer-provided life and disability insurance; retirement savings benefits; and a variety of work-life benefits to support employees and their family members.
The CF Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. We strive to recruit and maintain a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, physical or mental disability, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, marital status, genetic information or testing, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or any characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
The CF Foundation is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or would like to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at HROps@cff.org.