Cypress Path is a small, therapeutic residential center for treating burnout, depression, and trauma in healthcare professionals. We are truly one of a kind and on the forefront of an extremely needed service. Please visit our website at https://www.cypresspath.org to learn about our organization.
Clinical Director Role & Responsibilities
Our Clinical Director will join the founding entrepreneurs as the core designer and manager/administrator of the therapeutic program before we open to clients; Cypress Path will open to clients about 9 months to year after the Clinical Director’s start.
Our ideal candidate will thrive as a leader of a “startup” business and will be intrinsically motivated and driven. They will seize the opportunity to build a therapeutic program from the ground up, and to utilize their specialization or area of passion to frame this design. They will have the creative problem-solving skills, sense of humor, and flexibility to tackle obstacles that are an inevitable part of the startup process.
This position requires proximity to or relocation to Jackson, MS or surrounding areas and offers competitive relocation support.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to represent the company to the highest of standards
- Natural leadership & mentorship skills including team building and conflict resolution
- Professionalism at the highest standard
- Utmost respect for clients’ confidentiality
- Intrinsically motivated work ethic
- Enthusiasm for building a startup
- Desire to build a program from the ground up
- Ability to communicate professionally and respectfully with all staff, clients, and families
- Comfort and skill interacting with clients and their loved ones who are in emotional distress
Knowledge & Skills (* indicates “or the ability to learn”)
- Experience designing treatment programs for individual clients and small groups.
- Experience with the daily management of clinical treatment programs.
- Ability to assess the performance of clinical staff & provide appropriate mentorship and guidance for their professional growth.
- Develop, use, and hone evaluation methods of our outcomes.
- Develop, use, and hone evaluation methods of our use of staff, facilities, & resources to improve our patient care.
- Experience treating or working closely with other healthcare professionals, and knowledge of best practices in treating them.*
- Familiarity with the field of medicine including the politics, terminology, and complex social dynamics in the various branches of this field.*
- Comfort communicating with licensure boards, physician health programs, hospital administrators, and other formal referral sources regarding clients’ specific circumstances and professional challenges.*
- Knowledge of various accreditation standards and licensure requirements for future accreditation & licensure applications.*
- Experience with business development and managing a budget.*
Responsibilities prior to opening for clients
- Design the treatment program including individual, group, and holistic therapies.
- Research and apply knowledge of best practices for treating healthcare professionals & base the treatment program upon these.
- Research and apply knowledge of the politics, terminology, and complex social dynamics in the various branches of the field of healthcare and prepare training for staff clinicians.
- Network with state licensure boards, physician health programs, hospital administrators, and other formal referral sources.
- Write meaningful and relevant content for social media posts.
- Research the various accreditation standards and licensure requirements for future accreditation & licensure applications and collaborate with founders over a future plan of action.
- Actively recruit, hire, and train excellent staff clinicians, including psychiatrists, individual therapists, group therapists, and alternative therapists.
- Design the intake evaluations & criteria for admitting clients.
- Develop a method of evaluating our clients’ progress and outcomes.
Responsibilities after opening to clients
- Evaluate patients fit for the program and make clinical decisions if they should be admitted or referred elsewhere.
- Make collaborative clinical decisions for individual clients, such as matching them with the best therapist and psychiatrist for their needs.
- Follow clients’ progress closely, communicating with them and their treatment team regularly.
- Supervise, mentor, and train therapists.
- Connect therapists with professional development opportunities as needed.
- Oversee daily administrative functions of the treatment program such as clinician schedules and meetings, making adjustments as we receive feedback.
- Assist the founding team with business development by attending conferences, making connections & sharing our mission with potential referral sources.
Education & Experience
- We are looking for the best match in temperament, character, personality, and skillset. Many types of higher degrees would be useful to this role:
- A Master’s degree in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, or similar field
- PhD, PsyD
- Must have or be able to obtain professional licensure in Mississippi.
- At least 5 years of clinical experience required; 7 years preferred.
- At least 2 years of clinical supervisory experience preferred.
- Treating or managing treatment of healthcare professionals- interest required; experience preferred; expertise highly preferred.
The Board of Directors. The role will work closely with the CEO, Property Manager, Business Development Director, and our website developer. Will also work with attorneys, consultants, and healthcare executives.
To be further considered after application, we will seek consent for a drug screening test and other background checks.
All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or any other legally protected status.