Time Frame: Summer 2022
Work Location: Madison, WI or Remote
This role’s primary purpose is to develop and maintain first in class software products that meet company business objectives aligned with business and technology strategies and comply with the organization’s architectural standards. This individual will perform single-function tasks that tend to be of small to moderate size and scope, works under close to moderate supervision with limited latitude for independent judgment, and consults with senior peers on non-complex projects to learn through experience. The Software Engineer I will work under limited supervision and acting either on an individual basis or as part of a project team, must be able to perform systems development functions including analysis, time estimating, design, program development, unit and systems testing, and implementation. This individual must be able to work within established development standards and methods utilizing appropriate programming languages, tools, and systems
· Develop or assist in the development and maintenance of high-quality industry leading software primarily intended for financial institutions and done within Compliance Systems’ development environment and product architecture.
· Develop or assist in the development of interfaces with APIs andor SDKs using functional specifications that has already been complemented.
· Participate in technical reviews and unit testing
· Demonstrate proficiency in correctly utilizing and appropriately applying software design, development, and testing methodologies within Compliance Systems’ software development life cycle (SDLC) or software development methodology.
· Participate in the design, implementation/code and data structure maintenance, business logic and user interface architecture models that meet the market and technical requirements and specifications.
· Must be currently enrolled in an undergrad or graduate program working towards a bachelor’s or master’s Degree.
· Strong communications skills both verbal and written
· Able to work and collaborate with integrated teams
· Strong ability to analyze and understand technology issues
· Familiarity with AWS cloud services a plus
· Familiarity with version control concept and tools.
· Familiarity with task tracking and bug tracking tools (e.g., JIRA) a plus
· Familiarity with Object oriented design methodologies
· Understanding of software development design patterns
About Compliance Systems
Compliance Systems is a highly respected provider of best-in-class financial transaction technology and expertise. The U.S. financial industry is one of the most regulated industries in the world, which exposes financial institutions to considerable risk and requires significant resources to compliantly document every financial transaction. Compliance Systems specializes in compliantly documenting financial transactions while mitigating the risk surrounding transactions between the financial institution and its customers. Compliance Systems was established in 1993 and acquired by the Cuna Mutual Group in January 2019. Please visit us at https://www.compliancesystems.com/ to get to know our products, corporate culture and values.