If interested in being considered for this position, you must apply on the CrescentCare website using the following link:
Spanish Speaking Social Worker/Social Services Case Manager
The Social Worker/Social Services Case Manager assists in the full implementation of the program with a special focus on resolving barriers to engagement in services, ensuring linkage to medical and behavioral health care, with overall goal of increasing client’s ability to self-manage, while facilitating integration of care for those individuals and families working with a multiple services systems. CrescentCare serves approximately 14,000 clients a year. The Social Worker/Social Services Case Manager will assess all new and existing clients for program eligibility, biopsychosocial needs, answer and respond to inquiry calls, and provide program information and referrals for new and existing clients. CrescentCare is a fast-paced environment and requires a close attention to details. A Social Worker/Social Services Case Manager is expected to document all interactions with and on behalf of clients in the electronic health record. A fantastic dynamic of CrescentCare is that we collaborate with all members of treatment and recovery team to maximize integration of care across all systems and programs.
This position will report to the Social Services Supervisor.
We provide advocacy and linkage to care that will help clients increase personal and family stability and achieve recovery goals in the following areas:
- Mental health services, screening/assessment/diagnosis, including risk assessment
- Person-centered treatment planning
- Outpatient mental health and substance abuse treatment
- Primary care coordination/screening and monitoring of key health indicators and health risk services
- Psychiatric rehabilitation services
- Social, peer and community recovery support
- Counseling to address barriers to achievement of recovery and case management goals
- Promote client coping skills
What Success Looks Like in this Opportunity
- Provide a minimum of 24 total documented units of service per day
- Enjoy working with Diverse Populations, and quickly transitioning between various types of clientele
- Completion of Progress Notes
- Ensure expedient client access to needed resources such as, food, housing, health insurance, medical and behavioral health care, substance use treatment, financial resources, etc.
- Attends a minimum of 20 hours of continuing education annually
- Knowledge of and the desire to work with a cross-disability population including, but not limited to, those living with HIV and/or mental health issues
- Impactful service to the community, being a part of a diverse team, with never a dull moment with every day bringing a new challenge.
- Currently Licensed social worker (RSW, CSW, LMSW, LCSW) from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Currently licensed nurse (RN or LPN) in Louisiana
- Bachelor’s Degree (required) or Master’s Degree (preferred) in a human service related field which includes: psychology, education, counseling, social services, sociology, family and consumer sciences, criminal justice, rehab services, child development, substance abuse, gerontology and vocational rehabilitation; AND one (1) year of post-degree experience in direct service to HIV target population
- Bachelor’s Degree in liberal arts or general studies with a concentration of at least 16 hours in one of the fields of: psychology, education, counseling, social services, sociology, family and consumer sciences, criminal justice, rehab services, child development, substance abuse, gerontology and vocational rehabilitation; one (1) year of post degree experience in direct service to HIV target population
- Demonstrated Technical Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to complete complex projects
- Federal Criminal Background Check
- 40 hours of work per week
- If hired, documented proof of highest level of education completed must be delivered on first day of employment
- Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) experience
- HIV/AIDS Knowledge and Patient Experience
- Experience with the LGBTQ community
Our mission is to offer comprehensive health and wellness services to the community, to advocate empowerment, to safeguard the rights and dignity of individuals, and to provide for an enlightened public. We offer a broad range of health and wellness services for anyone and everyone who is seeking healthcare services in Greater New Orleans and Southeastern Louisiana.
What We Do for Our Clients
Primary Health Care • Pediatrics • Dentistry • Gender Clinic • Behavioral Health • Addiction Recovery
Case Management • Nutrition Programs • Medicaid/Insurance Enrollment • Legal Services
Food and Housing Assistance • Smoking Cessation • Syringe Access Program
Advocacy, Outreach, Education • HIV/Hep. C/STI Testing and Prevention • COVID-19 Screening
Our Offer to You: An Extensive Benefits Package
- All Employees are W-2 Status
- Employer Paid Benefits: Dental, Employee Wellness, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance
- 11 Paid Holidays, in addition to Vacation and Sick Days
- Medical Insurance (Two Plan Options)
- Vision Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan – 1.5% Employer Contribution; additional Employer match with Employee Contribution
- Discount Programs
*All new hires are required as a condition of employment to receive at a minimum of one dose of the COVID-19 vaccinations prior to their start date, and complete the second dose as instructed by their health care provider.
*No Relocation Package Available
*No Work Visa Sponsorship Available
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, religion, age, gender identification, pregnancy, marital or familial status, gender or sexual orientation, veteran or military status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or on the basis of any other status protected by law, and in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws.