If interested in being considered for this position, you must apply on the CrescentCare website using the following link:
Multiple Positions in our Prevention Department: Specialists, Coordinators, Navigators
Location: St. Roch & Neighborhood and various community venues and events, such as, and not limited to, Orleans, Plaquemines, and St. Bernard Parish
Fantastic opportunity to make a difference in your local community!
Our health center assists individuals in the community by giving them access to prevention services, health care, and more!
These opportunities will reach out to the community to provide HIV/STD/Hepatitis C (HCV)/key target population prevention projects; while ensuring compliance with Center for Disease Control/Office of Public Health (OPH)/MHSD/grant funder requirements and attainment of program goals.
COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible and non-judgmental ability to work with stigmatized populations and the general population
- Culturally open when interacting with populations/clients of different backgrounds and value systems
- Ability to take initiative, problem-solve and follow through on tasks and duties to completion
- Able to multi-task and function in an office with high call volume and face to face patient encounters
- Possess telephone etiquette skills to provide customer service for all patients
- Able to relate to all patients with a positive and caring attitude
- Able to manage time effectively, report to shifts on time, and complete full work shifts.
- Ability to return communication in a timely manner including same day as necessary
- Willingness to provide services at community locations
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Willingness to pick up testing shifts
· Various positions requiring anywhere from 1-7 years of experience in public health or relevant field (social services, non-profit, research, community engagement)
· Experience with key populations such as MSM, PWID, the transgender community, and other populations facing barriers to care
· Demonstrated technical & computer skills appropriate for the position
· Federal criminal background check
· 40 hour work week
· High School degree
· If hired, documented proof of highest level of education completed must be delivered on first day of employment
· Bachelor’s degree, Master’s Degree
· Fluent in Spoken and Written Spanish
· Federally Qualified Health Center experience (FQHC)
· HIV/AIDS knowledge and patient experience
Our mission is to offer comprehensive health and wellness services to the community, to advocate empowerment, to safeguard the rights and dignity of individuals, and to provide for an enlightened public. We offer a broad range of health and wellness services for anyone and everyone who is seeking healthcare services in Greater New Orleans and Southeastern Louisiana.
What We Do for Our Clients
Primary Health Care • Pediatrics • Dentistry • Gender Clinic • Behavioral Health • Addiction Recovery
Case Management • Nutrition Programs • Medicaid/Insurance Enrollment • Legal Services
Food and Housing Assistance • Smoking Cessation • Syringe Access Program
Advocacy, Outreach, Education • HIV/Hep. C/STI Testing and Prevention • COVID-19 Screening
Our Offer to You: An Extensive Benefits Package
· All Employees are W-2 Status
· Employer Paid Benefits: Dental, Employee Wellness, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance
· 11 Paid Holidays, in addition to Vacation and Sick Days
· Medical Insurance (Two Plan Options)
· Vision Insurance
· Long-Term Disability
· Short-Term Disability
· 401(k) Plan – 1.5% Employer Contribution; additional Employer match with Employee Contribution
· Discount Programs
*All new hires are required as a condition of employment to receive at a minimum of one dose of the COVID-19 vaccinations prior to their start date, and complete the second dose as instructed by their health care provider.
*No Relocation Package Available
*No Work Visa Sponsorship Available
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, religion, age, gender identification, pregnancy, marital or familial status, gender or sexual orientation, veteran or military status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or on the basis of any other status protected by law, and in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws.