Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank (“CACIB”) is the corporate and investment banking arm of the Crédit Agricole Group. CACIB’s Loan Syndications Group Americas (internally known as the Debt Optimization and Distribution (“DOD”)) is based in New York and originates, structures, and distributes syndicated loans and bilateral facilities for the Americas. Furthermore, the Group acts as a primary underwriter and is active in the secondary markets to provide liquidity to investors.
The Group is seeking a recent graduate that has some experience in the Financial Industry. This US Associate position will provide support to the DOD Loan Originations Support team members and management. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong initiative, able to work under pressure, attention to detail and have an understanding of banking and capital markets. The position offers exposure across various groups/platforms across the bank and the opportunity to see syndicated loan transactions executed from beginning to end.
The U.S. Associate program offers an opportunity for recent college graduates interested in finance and investment banking to actively participate in this fast-paced and challenging industry. We provide our U.S. Associates with the tools necessary for professional growth and career advancement. The U.S. Associate experience fosters the opportunity to connect with people who can help guide your career.
The U.S. Associate position will be available for a maximum of 2 years. The goal of the U.S. Associate program is to develop the ideal candidate for consideration to a potential full-time position at the end of the two years, if available.
Assist DOD team members and management in the day-to-day operations of the department focusing on the portfolio management of corporate loans. In this role, the US Associate will work closely with a more senior member of the team to assist in all aspect of portfolio management for the Bank’s corporate loan portfolio including profitability analysis, operating measures and documentation.
– Assist in preparation of presentation materials for pipeline committee members including the preparation of business opportunity memorandum
– Maintenance of databases of loan portfolio
– Analysis of loan profitability expectation and results
– Preparation of internal reporting
– Review of legal documentation and post-closing analysis
– Preparation of Closing Memos
– Assist the booking and monitoring of new transactions or waivers
– Work with other DOD team members, credit, legal, relationship managers, operations and senior management to ensure the timely and accurate information gathering and analysis
– Recent college graduate in Finance or related field
– Strong interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task
– Extensive knowledge of Word, Powerpoint, Excel (VBA) and Access (a plus)
– Familiarity with banking and capital markets a plus
– Some accounting/finance/economics coursework