Cowley Engineering, P.C.
08/2021 Entry Level Position
Cowley Engineering P.C. is seeking an ambitious, outgoing, detail-oriented, intellectually curious, independent thinker for an entry-level position in our Stamford, CT location. As a Project Engineer, you will get experience beyond a typical draftsperson position: you will have autonomy and opportunity for increasing responsibilities, as you learn alongside professionals at an established structural engineering firm in the greater NYC area. You will work with a team of professionals of varying backgrounds in engineering, architecture and mathematics.
The preferred candidate will have a background and interest in construction and engineering.
Our clients rely on us to be their expert partner in addressing a wide array of challenging issues, from structural defects to water infiltration, façade repairs, historical restoration and building code compliance, just to name a few. Every day presents new opportunities to apply your analytical and anticipatory thinking, be creative, and deliver real time solutions.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidates to learn the design and repair process for various structures, using multiple material types and techniques. If you are looking to launch your career, Cowley Engineering is the place for you.
• Assessment of multi-story commercial and residential buildings to diagnose causes, develop repair recommendations, draft plans for repairs and follow through.
- Preparation for bidding process – calculating and quantifying scope of repairs
- Prepare repair-related cost estimates, plans and reports
• Creation of design plans and specification for repairs
- CAD drafting for preparation of design drawings and specifications
- Prepare structural element details
Client and Contractor Interface
• Project Oversight
- Conduct on-site field inspections (including high-rise structures)
- Investigative analysis toward completion of assigned design tasks
- Management of client expectations
Document Management and Operations Support
Support expeditors in preparing building permit applications to submit to NYC Department of Buildings, Dept of Transportation, Landmarks Preservation Commission, Dept of Environmental Protection
- Independently perform building code research
Support project oversight
- Maintain documentation, accuracy of calculations, government filings
- Confirm calculations and accuracy of drawings
- Bachelor’s degree
- Familiarity with building construction and/or structural engineering experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to work independently, but also take direction
- Working knowledge of Vectorworks (preferred) or Auto-CAD, Microsoft Excel, Word (Mac)
- Able to travel to/in the NYC metro area
- Eligible to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship
Cowley Engineering provides a competitive salary, health insurance and 401K.