Corporate Insight (CI) is a research and consulting firm known for providing actionable competitive intelligence on the digital customer experience. CI publishes in-depth research on online/mobile banking, investing, insurance, retirement and emerging areas like fintech and digital advice. For over 25 years, we have helped firms improve the way they serve millions of customers by offering objective feedback and advice on their customer experience. CI’s clients include approximately 70% of the financial services firms in the Fortune 500.
CI is looking for talented and motivated Research Associates to join our team. Research Associates track the digital platforms provided by the nation’s leading financial services firms, collaborate on written deliverables, learn to work with clients and become subject matter experts in their given industry. Successful Research Associates grow into Analysts, who lead research, present their findings and manage relationships with clients on custom consulting projects. Typical consulting engagements include competitive landscape analysis, benchmarking studies and advice for executives on customer-facing technology and related trends.
CI strives to deliver high-quality work daily, but we like to have fun, too. Our active social committee organizes regular team-building and recreational events. In normal times, we frequent Escape the Room events and have a low-stakes title-winning kickball team. Lately, we’ve been keeping the spark alive through virtual alcohol-optional happy hours, scavenger hunts, trivia nights and more.
CI provides health insurance, vision and dental insurance, and a 401(k) with a company contribution. We also provide paid time off: vacation days, sick days and personal days.
CI is currently operating on a hybrid model at our NY office where team members will be expected to work at our Midtown Manhattan office part of the time. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas for this position.
Specific Research Associate responsibilities include:
- Writing reports summarizing changes to an assigned industry
- Compiling competitive insights about the customer experience
- Tailoring research to address clients’ interests
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Keeping current on industry trends and innovations
- Checking data in deliverables to ensure quality and accuracy
- Supporting Analysts with consulting engagements, custom projects and client inquiries
This position is suited for an entry-level candidate interested in beginning a career in business, consulting, research or financial services. Your cover letter should outline your qualitative research and writing experience. Successful applicants have a range of backgrounds, including but not limited to business, economics, English, history, chemistry, government and sociology. Note: This is not a financial analyst position. Candidates with experience that exceeds the below may be hired at a more senior level.
- Bachelor’s degree and a record of strong academic performance
- Exceptional writing, speaking and analytical skills
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic and intellectual curiosity
- Professional writing style with experience writing in multiple styles
- Experience working independently and collaborating with a team
- Experience conducting research and communicating results to an audience
- Attention to detail and very high standards for one’s work
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience working in a business environment (internships with financial services firms or consulting firms are a plus)
- An understanding of both website usability principles and financial services
- Quantitative research experience, specifically survey data analysis
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (familiarity with SharePoint and OneDrive is a plus)