Who is Conagra Brands?
Conagra Brands, headquartered in Chicago, combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.
Location: Omaha, NE
Schedule: Interns will work 40 hours a week May 23 – August 5, 2022
What are the Perks of Being an Intern at Conagra?
- Paid Internship
- Housing assistance
- Social and Professional Development Opportunities, such as Intern Orientation, Lessons from Leaders and a Summer Send Off
- Functional and Cross Functional Trainings, Overviews, and Learnings
- Assigned dedicated mentor
- Intern class of 40+ students from 12+ colleges and universities across the country
- Perks such as “dress for your day” attire, 1 p.m. dismissals on Fridays
Are You the Right Candidate?
We’re looking for a driven, highly motivated individual who wants to be part of cultivating the most energized, highest impact culture in the food industry. If you are craving an opportunity to build your talents, make a difference, and be empowered to kick start your professional career in a refuse-to-lose environment, then we want to meet you! We encourage you to discover your own potential and we will provide you with unparalleled opportunities to make an impact.
· Maintains requirements for ISO 17025 (International Organization for Standardization, global quality standard for testing and calibration laboratories).
· Develops, documents, updates, and maintains lab SOPs and approved procedures.
· Assists with troubleshooting microbiological issues related to food manufacturing.
· Evaluates new methods for detecting and identifying microorganisms of concern.
· Optimizes/modifies sample preparation with new methods to avoid detection of dead Listeria cells
· Maintains accurate and detailed laboratory data and notebooks.
· Maintains and calibrates laboratory equipment as well as a clean laboratory work environment.
· Prepares and edits technical reports.
· Stays current with pertinent scientific literature, performs literature searches.
· Performs other assorted duties related to quality assurance, research, and laboratory operations as assigned.
· Collaborates with Enterprise Microbiology to understand needs of manufacturing plants
o BS Degree with major studies in Biology, Microbiology, Food Science or Biochemistry required. MS preferred.
o Minimum 3 years related laboratory experience.
o Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
o Knowledge of food safety, food development processes, and aseptic technique.