MGI Tech Co., Ltd. (MGI), affiliated company of Complete Genomics, Inc, is committed to enabling effective and affordable healthcare solutions for all. Based on its proprietary technology, MGI produces sequencing devices, equipment, consumables, and reagents to support life science research, medicine, and healthcare.
MGI’s multi-omics platforms include genetic sequencing, mass spectrometry, and medical imaging. Providing real-time, comprehensive, life-long solutions, its mission is to develop and promote advanced life science tools for future healthcare.
MGI is recognized globally as an innovator and for conducting international collaborative projects with leading research institutions for the betterment of mankind and the world in which we live. MGI values its employees as we believe they are the driving force behind our success and commercial expansion globally.
We are seeking a candidate to join a high-performing team of HR professionals in a dynamic environment that delivers HR consulting to America’s region managers and employees in both face-to-face and remote situations. Enjoy the challenge of providing HR solutions to a variety of business issues. MGI offers a culture that is dedicated to the values of innovation, trust, respect, accountability, teamwork, and uncompromising integrity.
Reporting to Senior Director of HR, the position is based in San Jose, California, within a common facility shared with other BGI Group companies. This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
This position will primarily be focused on providing general HR support to the US, Canada, and South America’s countries as the organization manage through a business and culture transformation. You will be working with HR business partners, Business leaders, major duties are:
- Life cycle recruitment for all business units. Familiar with different channels.
- Maintain HR systems – SuccessFactors and ADP TotalSource.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, taking care of all immigration-related issues.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Performance management and succession planning.
- Develops contract terms for new hires, promotions, and transfers.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructure, workforce planning, and succession planning.
- Coach and support managers in leading the organization through a major business and culture transformation
- Provide focused coaching and support to business managers to build a high-performance workforce in support of the business strategy and facilitate management’s ability to lead through change
- Coach managers on hiring practices, performance management techniques, change management, company policy, and employment law to promote a positive work environment aligned with the Agilent culture and values
- Ensure compliance and consistent application of HR policies and guidelines, maintaining awareness and knowledge of local legislation, and provide suitable interpretation to staff within the organization
- Collaborate with the leadership team and employment attorneys on all involuntary terminations
- Provide guidance for US federal, state, and municipal wage and hour compliance and support for report writing across multiple platforms.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree or equivalent University degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 to 8+ years of experience in a Human Resource related field
- Demonstrated experience with leading investigations
- Demonstrated ability to influence, coach, and consult effectively and independently with director/executive levels as well as all other levels of a diverse organization on HR issues
- Demonstrated experience in applying performance management practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with strong people relationship management ability and influencing skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of legal practices and precedents and how to apply employment law to workplace issues
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in effectively coaching managers on organizational design and through organizational change
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR fundamentals such as benefits, compensation, staffing, employee relations, performance management, diversity and inclusion, and training and development.
BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
- Able to think strategically about business issues.
- Ability to proactively identify and solve problems.
- Experience in system improvement implementations and automated solutions.
- Exhibits the highest degree of integrity and ethics, with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Excellent relationship and communications skills with the ability to quickly establish credibility.
- Analytical and fact-based approach to building common understanding and alignment
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution-oriented.
- A strong people leader capable of identifying and attracting talent
- Ability to build the skills and capabilities to shape strategies and drive results
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage initiatives that require collaboration across multiple functional areas
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a highly matrixed, fast-paced environment
- An entrepreneurial spirit and ability to develop new and creative solutions to complex problems, leveraging own expertise as well as the best input from team members and other collaborators.
- Results-oriented with excellent analytic, communication, and collaboration skills
- An innovative change agent who can successfully challenge the status quo and drive change initiatives within the organization
- Ability to operate under different business models and complex business structures.
MGI Tech Co., Ltd. is one of the subsidiaries in BGI groups, which is committed to enable effective and affordable healthcare solutions for all people, focus on the innovation, development, production and distribution of the devices, instruments, consumables and reagents for life science research and medical healthcare, and provide said services for its products. Only by providing the real-time, life-long panoramic view of digitalized solutions, our mission to develop and promote advanced life science for future generation healthcare could be realized. Building upon the sequencing technology from Complete Genomics Inc. we have developed a series of NGS sequencing platforms and consumables, we are refining the tools needed to support our mission and re-innovating the solutions for life science and healthcare.
Complete Genomics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resume to our website, employees or Human Resources.
Complete Genomics will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Complete Genomics and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Complete Genomics has the sole discretion to determine with whom we will enter into a contract.
Complete Genomics provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, disability, veteran or uniformed service status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.