At Community Alliance, we believe in the potential of recovery for all individuals with a mental illness and we dedicate our resources to support the journey of each individual we serve.
Community Alliance, offering an integrated health care approach and built on an array of mental health and primary care services, is seeking a Day Rehabilitation Specialist l. Ideal candidates will have passion for working with vulnerable populations and comfortable in collaborating with other professionals to empower clients to achieve self-defined goals.
An individual employed in this position works as a member of a collaborative team and is responsible for the provision of direct and collateral services, including group facilitation and individual teaching and coaching which promote skill development and personal recovery for persons with serious mental illness and co-occurring mental illness and substance use disorders. An individual employed in this position is also responsible for maintaining a safe, supportive, and rehabilitative environment for persons participating in or visitors to the program.
- Assist in and utilize range of skills necessary to orient and engage program participants, including an explanation of rights and responsibilities within the program.
- Utilize motivational conversation strategies and techniques throughout the assessment, individual program planning, and treatment and rehabilitation process.
- Facilitate program activities and training, group discussions and learning based on the curriculums developed.
- Develop and implement plans for goal achievement and evaluate short-and long-term progress on a regular and continuous basis in accordance with program policies and standards.
- Assist and promote client development and utilization of relapse prevention plan and wellness self-management.
- Bachelor’s degree in human service related field, or two years post high school course work in a human services field plus two years relevant experience/training of a professional nature.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in mental health rehabilitation and recovery principles, service delivery, and behavior intervention/management practices on a direct service level.
- Demonstrated knowledge of characteristics and needs of persons with a serious mental illness, including persons with co-occurring mental illness and substance use disorders.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with individuals of diverse backgrounds including persons with serious mental illness and co-occurring mental illness and substance use disorders, family members, behavioral health professionals, government representatives, and the public at large.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Possession of valid driver’s license and good driving record, or ability to arrange for reliable transportation.