At Community Alliance, we believe in the potential of recovery for all individuals with a mental illness and we dedicate our resources to support the journey of each individual we serve.
Community Alliance, offering an integrated health care approach and built on an array of mental health and primary care services, is seeking a Community Support Specialist l. Ideal candidates will have passion for working with vulnerable populations and comfortable in collaborating with other professionals to empower clients to achieve self-defined goals.
The Community Support Specialist I is responsible for administering and delivering community-based mental health services, case management, and identifying community resources for adults with serious mental illness.
- Develop and coordinate necessary services and supports within the community.
- Assess individual mental health, co-occurring, and functional strengths and needs.
- Utilize motivational interviewing strategies and techniques throughout assessment, individual planning, and rehabilitative process.
- Assisting clients to obtain and maintain suitable housing.
- Plan and provide training related to personal, community living and social skills.
- Assist in transition planning, discharge process, and delivery of follow-up services for individuals leaving the program.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Services related field, or two years post High School course work in a Human Services field, plus two years relevant experience/training of a professional nature.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in mental health and substance abuse rehabilitation and recovery principles, service delivery, and behavior intervention/management practices on direct service level.
- Basic knowledge of characteristics and needs of persons with serious mental illness, including persons with co-occurring mental illness and substance use disorders.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with diverse individuals and groups.
- Possession of valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Job Type: Full-time