This is a great opportunity for an recent graduate with an Accounting Degree interested in transitioning away from Public Accounting. Enjoy greater work-life balance and learn new skills in the exciting Delaware Trust industry!
The primary function of the Staff Accountant is to assist in maintaining the accounting and tax records of the trusts for which Commonwealth Trust Company serves as trustee.
It is the responsibility of the Operations Accounting Department, to assure that the company’s fiduciary responsibilities are properly discharged as they relate to all areas of trust accounting, clients are served expeditiously and professionally, and that the company’s business is conducted in such a way as to both accomplish our client’s goals without creating undue risk to CTC. It is necessary to combine exemplary client service with diligent risk management.
PRIMARY DUTIES (including but not limited to):
· Responsible for setting-up and maintaining daily downloads of broker transactions
· Preparation of quarterly & annual trust accountings
· Calculate monthly, quarterly, and annual distributions for assigned trusts, as required
· Responsible for maintaining Commonwealth Trust Company’s common trust fund
· Verifying bank and brokerage account balances for distributions and fund transfers