CMMB – Healthier Lives Worldwide is an international, faith-based NGO providing long-term, co-operative, medical and development aid to communities affected by poverty and unequal access to healthcare. For over a century, we have worked to strengthen and support communities through healthcare programs and initiatives, the distribution of medicines and medical supplies, and the placement of volunteers.
CMMB’s Volunteer Program addresses the critical need for professionals in areas that lack sufficient resources for quality preventive and curative health services, especially for women and children. Our Volunteer Program has placed thousands of practitioners around the world to help develop and implement community health interventions, work at local hospitals and health facilities, conduct clinical training for host country counterparts, and deliver essential medicines and supplies. The ultimate goal of CMMB’s Volunteer Program is to support our country teams and local healthcare workers by sending volunteers that are dedicated to strengthening local health systems and supporting a pattern of sustainable development.
We believe in a world in which health and human dignity are shared by all.
We believe that access to quality healthcare is a basic human right. For more than 100 years, we have worked with global partners to deliver locally sustainable, quality healthcare solutions to women, children, and their communities. We’re ready to make it 100 more.
We believe change starts with her.
We work tirelessly for women’s and children’s health because they are disproportionately affected by illness and poverty. We know that healthy, educated, and empowered women are better able to raise healthy, educated, and confident children, and that communities depend on their livelihoods.
We believe in people.
We strive to live out our core values of collaboration, love, excellence, and respect every day. We provide our volunteers with a meaningful volunteer package, and the opportunities to learn, grow, and leave a longstanding legacy. We especially encourage all persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
CMMB is seeking undergraduate and graduate students, who can intern for a minimum of 150 hours (flexible), and support with the following internship positions:
· Marketing and Communications Assistant: social media, website, blogging, storytelling, writing and producing content, newsletters, mailings, outreach, events, graphic design
· Volunteer Program Assistant: outreach, recruitment, volunteer engagement and communications, administrative support, content production, travel planning, pre-departure orientation and preparations
· Programs & Resource Mobilization Assistant: donor reporting, proposal writing, individual donor communication, prospect research, partnerships support, budget, and country office liaison
· Medical Donation Program Assistant: data entry, analysis and processing, consignee research, report generation and systems streamlining
· M&E, Data and Reporting Assistant: data entry, analysis and processing, report generation and systems streamlining, transition to new technology, some IT related projects also available
· Researcher(s): generally project specific, programmatic based research focused in women’s and children’s health and development, producing reports, white papers
· Human Resources Assistant: recruitment screening calls, new hire onboarding, benefit research and outreach, compliance and financial related tasks
Requirements of Volunteer:
o Commitment to CMMB’s mission, vision and values
o Familiarity and interest in global health issues, especially maternal and child Health
o Ability to work collaboratively and professionally
o Problem solver, able to identify needs, and develop solutions
o Effective and professional communication skills
o Ability to be flexible and prioritize projects and tasks effectively
o Relevant degree or coursework related to internship placement
o Meet minimum intern service commitment of 150 hours (e.g. 2 days/week for 3 months, 4 days week for 1.5 months)
- Spanish, French, Haitian Creole (Interpretation/Translation)
Benefits to Volunteer:
· Hands-on professional experience
· Flexible Schedule
· Networking opportunities
· College/university credit available
· CMMB provides pre-loaded MTA MetroCard, based on the number of hours contributed by intern
Contact & Application:
Apply online at: https://cmmb.org/get-involved/volunteer/
Check with your school’s Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.