While working closely with department representatives, participates in a structured learning experience. Performs a variety of administrative tasks and works on various projects. In addition to the personal and academic outcomes noted by the school’s program, at the conclusion of the unpaid, non-clinical student experience at Cleveland Clinic, the intern will be able to:
• Demonstrate the ability to function as an effective team member.
• Apply theoretical knowledge and skills in an authentic business environment.
• Gain new knowledge and develop new skills to successfully engage in unfamiliar tasks and activities.
• Use theoretical knowledge and skills to solve problems.
• Assess, critique and improve her/his knowledge and skills during the internship experience.
• Adapt his/her behavior to different business audiences.
• Act professionally in various environments (e.g., mentor, team, independent, etc.) by adhering to business practices, ethical standards and project commitments.
* Spring 2022 Internship begins January 10, 2022 and ends May 13, 2022
* Minimum of 20 hours, maximum of 40 hours per week
- Researches, compiles, tabulates, and analyzes data and processes for a variety of administrative and departmental matters.
- Assists department personnel in assigned administrative, planning, organizational, technical, and professional tasks.
- Provides suggestions or recommendations with regard to department specific projects.
- Prepares and presents reports; drafts policies and procedures; responds to requests for information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current college enrollment required.
current undergraduate junior or senior standing or current masters enrolled students
- None required.
Complexity of Learning Experience:
- Can discuss and weigh pros and cons and separate critical issues.
- Can make definitive choices, expresses opinions on issues and can explain logical path decisions.