For more information regarding the position, visit the City of San Antonio’s employment website at the following link for a complete job description and to submit your application:
Closing Date: 12/17/2021
Under general direction, is responsible for performing complex planning and supervisory work, responsible for the supervision of a section within the Development Services Department. Responsibilities include the development of recommendations on planning and zoning issues, staffing of boards and committees and the review of work performed by subordinate planners. Working conditions are primarily in an office environment. May exercise direct supervision over assigned staff.
- Essential Job Functions:Conducts special studies on projects such as land use and zoning plans.
- Conducts updates to the City’s Comprehensive Plan and various components of the plan.
- Prepares written reports and makes presentations at public and community meetings and boards and commissions.
- Provides technical support to boards, commissions and committees.
- Supervises, trains and evaluates assigned staff members.
- Oversees the preparation and reproduction of publications issued by the Department.
- Makes recommendations to other City Departments.
- Responds to requests for information from management, officials and the public.
- Reviews, coordinates and evaluates plat and development plan applications.
- Plans, organizes and conducts neighborhood meetings with residents of the rezone areas.
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
- Job Requirements:Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Two (2) years increasingly responsible urban planning experience to include one (1) year of supervisory or lead work experience.
- Valid Class “C” Texas Driver’s License OR valid driver’s license from another state with the ability to obtain a valid Class “C” Texas Driver’s License within 30 days of becoming a Texas resident. Use of your own personal vehicle may at time be required and proof of Liability Insurance will be required.
- Advance degree in Planning.
- MS Office experience.
- Experience using GIS Software and Graphic Designs Concepts.
- Experience facilitating small and large work groups.