We are looking for team members that are:
- Patient, flexible, responsible, and enthusiastic.
- Curious about nature and excited to be outdoors in all types of weather.
- Comfortable ensuring campers, staff, and parents follow COVID-19 guidance from State and County public health authorities regarding physical distancing and face coverings.
- Willing to learn, grow, and be challenged to try new things.
- Comfortable and confident when talking to children and adults.
- Eager to be part of an active and respectful team.
- Comfortable mediating conflicts and challenging behaviors.
- Willing to give feedback to others and get feedback about their skills as an educator.
- Recognize when to ask for help from other educators, teams leads, and coordinators.
About the Program
Environmental Education’s Nature Day Camp offers nine weeks of summer camps at six locations throughout Portland. Camps have a nature theme and offer an opportunity for educators to explore and learn with small groups of children ages 5-12. Campers spend each day outdoors noticing the world, asking questions, playing in nature, and learning through games and activities.
Each week, camp takes place at two of the locations listed below. Over the nine weeks of camp, staff could be assigned to any or all of these locations and will need to find their own transportation to get there.
- Mt Tabor Park (SE Portland)
- Hoyt Arboretum (SW Portland)
- Sellwood Park/Oaks Bottom Wildlife Refuge (SE Portland)
- Pier Park (N Portland)
- Powell Butte Nature Park (Outer SE Portland)
- Whitaker Ponds Natural Area (NE Portland)